What's new

Upgraded to a new Wine Coolerdor

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
Some of you may recall that a few months ago, I bought a "mini" wine cooler (12-bottle) and converted it to a coolerdor. Here's the original thread:
http://www.botl.org/community/forums/showthread.php?t=9862

I said in that thread, "it's got enough room to store about 10 boxes of cigars, which is plenty for me." Boy was I wrong! I outgrew that sucker in 3 months. :grin:

So here's my new one, a 28 bottle VINOTEMP Thermoelectric unit:

Oh, and here's a side-by-side comparison of the old unit next to the new one:

It's got 15 boxes in there now (most only half full) with room for several more. It also has a built-in adjustable temp gauge that turns the unit on and off, so theoritically I don't need my external beer/honey temp switch...but in practice, the built-in gauge isn't accurate enough, usually off by 5 to 10 degrees. So I'm going to continue using my existing external temp switch.

Just had to share, 'cause I'm pretty excited about the extra storage capacity! :blob:
Very cool Duane!

Congrats!

Rating - 100%
38   0   0
Very cool Duane. I was thinking about a wine cooler conversion but most of them look kind of cheap - that one looks really nice. Maybe I'll go by Target today...

tobby4

June '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
Nice.. I need to do something like that... Something a little more controlled than what i have right now...

Rating - 100%
99   0   0
Very Nice....Living in central texas I need something with adjustable temps. That setup would be alot cheaper than getting rid of my avallo and buying a cooled one.

Rating - 100%
38   0   0

Electric Sheep

Dsicle - BoM Dec 06
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
Hey Sheep - how's that Firebox treating you? I've had a Firepod for a while and love it.
The Firebox is great...as far as I know, it's like a mini Firepod.

I have no need for all the inputs, since I only use mics (no instruments) since I use it for video production, not music.

The only thing I wish it had was an on/off switch. It's just on 24/7 unless I UNPLUG it. In a studio, that likely wouldn't be an issue, but it certainly is at my home!