What's new

Us customs

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in Canada and bought 2 cc. I'm coming back home to the states tomorrow. Should I be worried about customs driving back with only 2 stix

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
just two singles? if you are worried, take the bands off; there is little to differentiate cuban versus dominican or nicaraguan to the untrained eye.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I got Hoyt limited 2007 and bolivar Goldie. Don't really want to undo the wrapper lol

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok if I take the labels off what do I say when they ask me if I have any tobacco. Travelingj what happened to you

Rating - 100%
137   0   0
Why not grab a few more sticks and then reach out to a fellow brother in Canada to see the best way to ship them back to yourself in the states? Just a thought, maybe in theory its easier.

My best buddy had an issue with them (border guards) a few years back. Brought back a single CC Cohiba; and told the guy at the boarder that it was a Nicaraguan cigar (he took off the band). They took it from him; cut it with a razor from tip to foot, and handed it back to him. When he asked why it was done they responded; "Have to make sure its a long filler tobacco sir" and sent him on his way. I would even waste time trying to go across with them, just causes unneeded stress. JMHO.

JNT

The Bull
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
2 singles. I wouldn't worry. Take the band's off and throw them in your luggage. What's to say they are not your personal stash you brought with you from the US.

Hide the band's in a book and put them back on when you get home.

Sent from my Galaxy S3

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In December I went to Cancun, bought from LCDH, and also went through the airport @George W bush, as well as Sky harbor. That's 2 airports. Taking the bands off, and oops, these were extra domestics I didn't have time to smoke. P.s. I put the bands in my wallet to keep them flat. But you can put them anywhere you want as long as they're inconspicuously placed, you're good.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
i would just save some bands from other cigars and put them on the cc lol.. then like someone said, say they are from your own personal stash you took with u

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I totally agree its not a free country. I will take the labels off plus they r looking for bigger things that 2 cigars.

smokemifugotem

BoM July '10
Rating - 100%
190   0   1
Take bands off. Duece got stopped and given a hard time and had some taken away...they were cabiguans and just had the word Cuba on them. And he is Canadian....just saying. Not worth it. You know what they are...bands are just for show

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone ever gone through customs at 1000 island r they as bad as the ones at Niagara Falls

David C. Serna

Hasta la Victoria Siempre
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
i would just save some bands from other cigars and put them on the cc lol.. then like someone said, say they are from your own personal stash you took with u
Agreed. This is what I did a few years ago in England. I researched the RG's of the Habanos I was hoping to aquire and brought a bunch of Rocky Patels or whatever with me. When it was time to leave, I just put the non-offending bands on about 20 Habano singles & had zero problems with Customs. Of course, I was traveling on tour with a Church choir populated with a gaggle of blue haired little old ladies, so that probably helped.

On the other hand, I've come back straight from Havana with a whole box of Behikes smack dab in the middle of my checked luggage with no problem either. So who knows? AZCigarNut: please note that I'm racking up posts on CC's now.

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Has anyone ever gone through customs at 1000 island r they as bad as the ones at Niagara Falls
Hey Farring I am Canadian and if I were to tell you go back into the states anyway it would be going through the Peace Bridge in Fort Erie. I have gone over it a million times and have never had any issue.

As for the cigars if you are looking at jeeoubg the labels on it just stick it in a box in your luggage and just don't even think of it. I went over to Chicago and brought over 10 Cuban clearly marked I just stuck them in my suitcase and just left them inside wrapped up and didn't think of them again. Just keep your cool and if there is anything else you are bringing over let them know and that way they will believe that you are being honest this is most definitely the best way to go about it cause they will happily let you come back across and not say anything,