What's new

US Flags

ThankfulJoe

Rather Be Flying
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
I wanted to post a few pictures to put it in to perspective lol. As you can imagine it was pretty time consuming getting all the certificates done and addresses organized. Thankfully I had yesterday off to get it all finished up. I'm glad to be able to do this for you guys. Average transit time from Afghanistan to the states is anywhere from 2 to 4 weeks. I went through everyone's PMs to verify addresses and certificate names. If anyone has any issues when they get them just let me know and I'll correct them and resend certificates.

Disclaimer: The photo on the certificate is of myself and CPT James Hart flying a previous flag a few weeks ago. Unfortunately it's not feasible for me to take a picture for each flag/crew. Hopefully this isn't an issue for anyone.

40 certificates and 40 flags flown over the past 2 days. I'm pretty sure that's a new record lol

An example of the new certificates we use

I'm pretty pleased with the quality of the flags

Quote from Gettysburg showing price per flag. They were one of the few retailers i could find online with a good quality flag that would ship APO and accept Lapyap as payment. I spent two weeks trying to find a better deal to no avail. Shipping from me (APO) to the states was anywhere from $8 to $15 depending on how many flags I sent per person.

Attachments

Last edited:

itallushrt

hero
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Absolutely incredible. Thank you so much for everything you are already doing for us and then this. I cannot wait to see the look on my grandfathers face when I give him his.

ThankfulJoe

Rather Be Flying
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
Thanks again to everyone for their support. No worries on being in the hole, I only ended up being short a few bucks and the time and money was well worth it just to say "Thanks" to all the brothers who have hooked me up in the past. Glad to be able to do this for you guys, and God bless!

ThankfulJoe

Rather Be Flying
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
Disclaimer #2: I spent a hectic hour and a half at the post office here on base because they wouldn't honor my pre-generated customs forms. I ended up holding up the line for quite some time while I hand filled 20something customs forms and taped each box/set of boxes up after they inspected them. Hopefully I got everyone's order/shipment correct. I double checked them as they went through. Please let me know ASAP if I accidentally sent you the wrong certificate or you don't receive your package within 4-6 weeks. We can work something out and I'll send you the lapyap amount of USPS for forwarding it to the correct person.

bballbaby

Nov '08 BoM
Rating - 100%
183   0   0
i for one, vote that this brother be the recipient of a massive bombing coming from state side.

that looks like it was a helluva lot of work

ThankfulJoe

Rather Be Flying
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
Please guys... have mercy on me lol. I don't have much room left in our little cooler for cigar storage, and I don't want to have a bunch of cigars that I can't properly store. I'm trying to work getting a fridge from a friend to set up a fridgador in our office, but until then we're close to max capacity on cigars lol. If you guys are that insistent :disappoin all the care packages I get I end up splitting with the entire company here IE snacks/coffee/etc. Guys over here appreciate even things as small as just a hand written letter. It's just a nice reminder that we still have guys and girls back home that have our backs.