What's new

Useless Poll 2 - Do you know what the most prized cigar in your humidor tastes like?

atllogix

It's not @ Logix
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
I don't know what they taste like. NC:LP No. 9 Pig (before that it was a UC Pig before they got rolled out in the states, I still have not smoked one). CC: Bolivar Gold Medal (It's the only sort of special CC I've had, I figure it still needs some aging before I try it)

sofc

I hate E and Chef
Rating - 100%
276   0   0
I don't know what they taste like. NC:LP No. 9 Pig (before that it was a UC Pig before they got rolled out in the states, I still have not smoked one). CC: Bolivar Gold Medal (It's the only sort of special CC I've had, I figure it still needs some aging before I try it)
you might want to try them both.

I might have had one or two 9 pigs and it might be time and they haven't made BGMs in a few years so they're probably ready.

atllogix

It's not @ Logix
Rating - 100%
35   0   0

I might have had one or two 9 pigs and it might be time and they haven't made BGMs in a few years so they're probably ready.
I've almost went for the Pig a couple times. But I have to smoke the UC Pig first, simply because I think I will like to No 9 better, and would hate to have it overshadow my experience of the UC Pig.

atllogix

It's not @ Logix
Rating - 100%
35   0   0

I might have had one or two 9 pigs
You must see into the future you, knowing that No. 9 Pig isn't a unicorn any more as of today. That Tubo even though the cigar is no different isn't a unicorn tubo either.

Sent from my 2nd Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge SM-G935V

Nacho Daddy

Irrepressibly Irreverent Inveterate Ignominy
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
yes. yes . yes.

there is no cigar that I have ever owned that was too good to smoke.

many of the special cigars I have bought turned out to be no better than the occasion upon which I smoked them.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I've bought Opus X, GOF, and other very expensive cigars for "special occasions", but after smoking them, did not consider them worth the expense. I no longer purchase these type of cigars.

My most prized cigars right now would be 3 OR Dirty Rats, 2 OR Feral Pigs, and a few assorted OR T-52s. Prized to me, because they are all original release, which I consider superior to current production, and when gone, can never be replaced. And yes, I do know what they all taste like, as I've smoked many, many of them.

Edited to add: I just remembered one cigar that I've never tasted. A NC Cohiba EV that was gifted to me years ago. IIRC, the gifting party said that it was an OR from '95 or '96. Nothing super special, just the only cigar in my collection, that I've never smoked before. Would have smoked it before now, but I keep forgetting I have it.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
My most valuable is a Montecristo Grand Reserva that I was given as part of a make a wish. I will find out what it's like on Sunday 25th September which is my 50th birthday whilst I'm in Cuba. My most prized are my boxes which are rolled in my children's birth month and year and my wedding month and year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk when it bloody works properly
Well I smoked the Monte GR whilst in Cuba, not on my birthday as I was too drunk to appreciate it. It was very very smooth but is it worth the extra money? I didn't think so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Never saw this thread. Must have been busy around then but I will throw in my piece.
My most valued is an Opus XA that was gifted to me by @Old Smokey the first time we met. I have no idea what it will be like when i do burn it, but i have made a deal with my 12 year old son. On his 18th birthday i will set it to fire while he tries his first cigar. I have no grand expectations of it because it may be way passed prime and you just never know.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess my most valuable is an Opus torpedo. I love the little Perfexion X's, but the XXX was a little disappointing so I haven't tried this particular vitola.

And if the little ones are any indication, I'd probably throw up about a quarter inch into the big one.