What's new

USPS 1st class rates going up! 1/21/2018

ChuckMejia

The General
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
Why do you need to bash on anybody’s length of service? The marines are a volunteer unit. Just trying is a lot.

For the record my FIL was only in Vietnam 3 months when hit in the head by heavy machine gun fire. Yet he has two pages exclusively dedicated to the circumstances of his injury and bravery. I myself was in for 10 years and am a disabled veteran.

I wouldn’t ever feel the need to come down on somebody over any length especially when the volunteered for service be it Navy, Marines or Air Force.

My father was Air Force for 8 years during the Korean conflict and he and 2 buddies served on Enewetak during hydrogen bomb testing. It affected their health for life.

As far as the Postal Service they do work with UPS surepost and Prime depending on the weight.

Think that fast food entry level people are now getting paid and it’s only common sense that rates will rise.

Sure that everything is rising. We don’t have to like it, but it’s inevitable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Re-read everything.

And Marines is spelled with a capital M.

I wasn't the one who came off as the bitter one.

I simply made a funny statement towards Bob. With a smiley. I wasn't bragging about "living" history, as if the current events don't matter anymore because I'm a bitter old man.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Re-read everything.

And Marines is spelled with a capital M.

I wasn't the one who came off as the bitter one.

I simply made a funny statement towards Bob. With a smiley. I wasn't bragging about "living" history, as if the current events don't matter anymore because I'm a bitter old man.
I’m sorry Chuck. I re-read and it’s just good old fashioned service guys busting other service guy’s humps. You are correct about the capital “M,” much like there are very few “ex-Marines,” but plenty of former Marines that will always be Semper Fi for life.

My apologies.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ChuckMejia

The General
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
I’m sorry Chuck. I re-read and it’s just good old fashioned service guys busting other service guy’s humps. You are correct about the capital “M,” much like there are very few “ex-Marines,” but plenty of former Marines that will always be Semper Fi for life.

My apologies.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
No worries bro, and I appreciate the service your family provided. Hopefully one day my two sons will also join the military. Hopefully as officers tho.

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Now let me defend the U.S. Postal Service aka USPS, they handle a s**t load of mail, packages daily. 99.99% of the time our shipments of letters & packages get to the destination with little or no problems.

When something goes wrong we cray because as consumer or clients we want 110% perfect service. In a perfect world that would happen. USPS employees two kind of people those who care, those who don't.

I was self employed in the service industry about 30 years. I jumped through the hoops, gave 110%, as I understood who was paying my bills. My clients who continued to call me because of service, getting it done right the first time, no problems.

Josh Smith

Opus junkie
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Now let me defend the U.S. Postal Service aka USPS, they handle a s**t load of mail, packages daily. 99.99% of the time our shipments of letters & packages get to the destination with little or no problems.

When something goes wrong we cray because as consumer or clients we want 110% perfect service. In a perfect world that would happen. USPS employees two kind of people those who care, those who don't.

I was self employed in the service industry about 30 years. I jumped through the hoops, gave 110%, as I understood who was paying my bills. My clients who continued to call me because of service, getting it done right the first time, no problems.
That's true with any business. There will always be a separation between those who care and those who don't. That's just business. I've dealt with customer service people who are great help and take care of problem. Then same company different person you get the shaft.

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
That's true with any business. There will always be a separation between those who care and those who don't. That's just business. I've dealt with customer service people who are great help and take care of problem. Then same company different person you get the shaft.

When you know you pay days, and you will get paid it beat the heck out of hustling for your next job. But the flip side was I had more fun, more interesting experiences, and last made very good money.:happy:

The big down side was the Internet ended that, like the motor car, end the profession of buggy whip maker. :LOL:

Josh Smith

Opus junkie
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
When you know you pay days, and you will get paid it beat the heck out of hustling for your next job. But the flip side was I had more fun, more interesting experiences, and last made very good money.:happy:

The big down side was the Internet ended that, like the motor car, end the profession of buggy whip maker. :LOL:
Haha I got lucky in business. I'm small family business with a lot of repeat customers. I'm far from rich but I'm not hungry. Buggy whip maker still has a place in the S&M world lol. He just has to evolve

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Niche. That’s what I tell my daughter. Something you love to do, something you are good at and something that pays how you like to be paid. I liked paid for results and without somebody watching over me 24/7. In the hospitals I did respiratory therapy. For adventure I was a medic. For money it was big Pharma.

Eventually I had the candle lit from too many sides and the immune system broke down at the worst time, while deployed with the US Army.

But I loved what I did. I paid through a divorce and serious unhappiness when I was told I could no longer do what made he happy.

Still I don’t begrudge the USPS when it’s a crap job much of the time. Like first responders or people in home health you hit every type of situation and can get pulled into it if you aren’t careful.

The sorting houses used to be like big high schools with everybody getting in everybody else’s business. I’ve known a few people that worked in the big facilities and loathed their jobs. For some, it’s perfect.
Again my thoughts are niche jobs that don’t become obsolete.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk