What's new

USPS 1st class rates going up! 1/21/2018

Josh Smith

Opus junkie
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Niche. That’s what I tell my daughter. Something you love to do, something you are good at and something that pays how you like to be paid. I liked paid for results and without somebody watching over me 24/7. In the hospitals I did respiratory therapy. For adventure I was a medic. For money it was big Pharma.

Eventually I had the candle lit from too many sides and the immune system broke down at the worst time, while deployed with the US Army.

But I loved what I did. I paid through a divorce and serious unhappiness when I was told I could no longer do what made he happy.

Still I don’t begrudge the USPS when it’s a crap job much of the time. Like first responders or people in home health you hit every type of situation and can get pulled into it if you aren’t careful.

The sorting houses used to be like big high schools with everybody getting in everybody else’s business. I’ve known a few people that worked in the big facilities and loathed their jobs. For some, it’s perfect.
Again my thoughts are niche jobs that don’t become obsolete.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
A man that gets it. Once I found what I was good at and was the only one doing it 18 years ago. I saw profit like crazy. Rather than spend money on material things. I put it into making my job easier. Now days I'm not the only company but I am the only company in the east side of GA that does 90 jobs per quarter. I'm also the lowest priced and my job last 18 months instead of 12. I got lucky but I also think I did the smart thing in investing most of my first 3 years profit back into the business. Now with my recent health issues I haven't actually been working but I have my nephew and brother in law full time. So I get to stick to the customer relations and book keeping these days.