What's new

Vacation: New York or Chicago?

ENV

@Driven_not_Hidden
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
No way Jose...deep dish owns flat pizza that looks like a rolled up taco..gross.
I've been to Chicago and my cousin has lived there 20 years. Let's agree to disagree lol he wishes I could bring him NY pizza all the time. I've visited many deep dish spots when visiting him. It's good but not NY pizza good.

ENV

@Driven_not_Hidden
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
@ckay pretty much said everything I was going to mention. But I'll add a really good BBQ restaurant- Brother Jimmy's BBQ. I think there's a few of them in NYC. I went to the one right outside of Madison Square Garden/Penn Station at I think 33rd st & 7th Ave. Delicious BBQ food and atomosphere was amazing.

Check out Little Italy. I believe the San Gennaro festival is starting up soon.
Dinosaur bbq is good as well. If you want to eat at a nice place check out Catch NYC in the meatpacking district

ENV

@Driven_not_Hidden
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
Ahhh forgot about Dinosaur BBQ!!! And never heard of Catch NYC....now I might have to go....
As soon as you get there take the elevator up to the roof and eat up there. Its real nice. I heard that their weekend brunchh is incredible. I only had lunch there but it was awesome and their drinks are strong and delicious.

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I've been to Chicago and my cousin has lived there 20 years. Let's agree to disagree lol he wishes I could bring him NY pizza all the time. I've visited many deep dish spots when visiting him. It's good but not NY pizza good.
I will admit to eating good NYC pizza as well as a truckload of Nathan hot dogs...I'm A traveling foodie all over the world. ..Barcelona beats the rest of the world so far...going to France and wii probably change my mind again

Reactions: ENV
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, I am planning on going on my first real vacation in the last five years in September. I am trying to decide between NYC or Chicago. I was looking at Chicago, because I want to see the Foo Fighters in concert at Wrigley. My other option is NYC, which is my favorite city in the world. I haven't been to NYC since I was 15 (18 years ago). Also, I was planning on going to NYC the weekend of 9/11 to go to a Yankees game, and JR Cigars is having a cigar cruise on the Hudson. Help me make a decision.
Hate to say it but NYC. The cruise is a steal for two and a quarter.

Shrody234

Jimmy
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
For steak houses: Smith & Wolinsky's, Bobby Van's, Del Frisco's, Mortons. But if you really want to ball out take the trip over the Williamsburg Bridge to BK and go to Luger's.
And this pizza debate goes to NYC for sure! ;)....L&B, DiFara's, Guilana's/Grimaldi's, John's (on Bleeker), DeNino's (Staten Island) and the list goes on.

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
Well I've been to NY and had several of the "must try flat rolls". And while they are good at 2am walking past the bums. They don't do deep dish or double dough( a very overlooked crust) a god damn thing.
One thing hardly ever discussed in Ny vs Chi pizza wars. The suburbs have hundreds of great mom and pop pizza joints that do just as good of representation as the Windy City.

ENV

@Driven_not_Hidden
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
Well I've been to NY and had several of the "must try flat rolls". And while they are good at 2am walking past the bums. They don't do deep dish or double dough( a very overlooked crust) a god damn thing.
One thing hardly ever discussed in Ny vs Chi pizza wars. The suburbs have hundreds of great mom and pop pizza joints that do just as good of representation as the Windy City.
You have obviously never eaten at the good pizza spots in New York. Very clear in your comments

Rating - 100%
165   0   0
For steak houses: Smith & Wolinsky's, Bobby Van's, Del Frisco's, Mortons. But if you really want to ball out take the trip over the Williamsburg Bridge to BK and go to Luger's.
And this pizza debate goes to NYC for sure! ;)....L&B, DiFara's, Guilana's/Grimaldi's, John's (on Bleeker), DeNino's (Staten Island) and the list goes on.
How about Craftsteak or Gallagher's?

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
You have obviously never eaten at the good pizza spots in New York. Very clear in your comments
Oh no I just "had to try the thin crusts..."
Btw Nathan's hot dogs are par at best.
There is no other hot dog than

I'll agree Katz is a must try....

ENV

@Driven_not_Hidden
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
Oh no I just "had to try the thin crusts..."
Btw Nathan's hot dogs are par at best.
There is no other hot dog than

I'll agree Katz is a must try....
Not a Nathan's fan myself. Much better dogs out there.

You ever show up here again. Ill take you on a real pizza tour.

Notice in Italy they dont eat that obese people super deep dish. Chitown deep dish is good, but it isnt great.