What's new

Van Winkle Distribution

D Quintero

Fumador
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
signed up awhile back with houston's sole supermonopoly boozemart / i made 15th on the stagg list :thumbsup:
and btw'd him on the van winkle list... that bandwagon was bloated up 200+ deep lol!

Last edited:

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
when i can get it (and i generally can't, hard to come by even in the KY), 15 is about 60-65, 20 is a buck to buck and a quarter, and the 23 is usually 225. if i remember correctly. mind you, this is at the kentucky tax base, at at OUR mark up, and in a place that doesn't quite get two bottles to rub together for the owner and someone else. but this is fair market price as far as i can tell. then again, fair market on ANY HTF is always hard to peg. pay no more than you feel comfortable, and happy hunting boys!

and, or course, if i can, i will. but please don't ask. dude who cuts my paycheck (and provides the purchasing power for the booze in the first place) gets dibs.

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Didn't know how hard this is though the local haven't rec'd their ship yet. Put me on the list as well, looking for a 15 if poss. G1

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
Got myself a VW Rye yesterday, the gentlemen had most of the PVW and all of the BTAC, I have a soft spot for the Rye and went for that.

He got them in about 3:00 in the afternoon and by 6:30 all were gone, said it was only 16 bottles and he was only allowing one per person.

Now to try a couple other stores that I frequent.

Best regards, Tony
Any of the BTAC left? Looking for the William LaRue Weller.

Rating - 100%
98   0   0
I just found a bottle of pappy 15 locally. Unfortuneatly they want $130:bigeyes: for it. I don't know if it is worth it being that I can get William Larue Weller which is essentially the same thing but at barrel proof for $90.

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Yeah, thats probably going to be the case everywhere. I'm assuming there's nothing keeping the retailers from jacking up prices i.e. fuente with Opus accounts, so with the demand, I can see prices doubling easily. I'd say just wait, there's always good if not better for better prices and people will eventually get tired of the chase. Hey I like Makers over all these small batch concoctions so no issue for me lol. G1

Rating - 100%
98   0   0
Yeah, thats probably going to be the case everywhere. I'm assuming there's nothing keeping the retailers from jacking up prices i.e. fuente with Opus accounts, so with the demand, I can see prices doubling easily. I'd say just wait, there's always good if not better for better prices and people will eventually get tired of the chase. Hey I like Makers over all these small batch concoctions so no issue for me lol. G1
I think I might have to bite at the bottle at $127 though. Supposedly all of Tarrant County got 2 cases distributed amongst all liquor stores!

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
I don't remember it being that hard to get by me but didn't buy it last year. If I can get 3 plus bottles, I will as long as guys want them around 90 ish shipped. No promises though.

Rating - 100%
127   0   0
It has landed in Charleston, SC which means it will be at one liquer store I know of in Bluffton SC. They do not do a wait list or anything. Comes in and on the shelf it goes, they are 5 minutes from me.

I remember seeing 3 van winkle offerings sitting on the shelf many years ago so what they say must be true? First come first serve.

Unlike Savannah GA who competes with Atlanta here is SC there are really no massive cities to suck up all the bottles.

Wish me luck, the hunt is fun!