What's new

Vday dinner....

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
Anyone else treat the misses or family to dinner? I cooked 2 huge bone in rib eyes and 4 lobster tails, sauted mushrooms, red onion and variety or bell peppers. Of course drawn butter and garlic mash spuds were present(with gravy). Along with a really nice bottle of 07 Napa Cab. Crescent rolls and for desert home made dipped (white chocolate wife can't have darks) strawberries. Felt pretty good to see the family dig into everything tonight!

Rating - 100%
79   0   0
Sounds AMAZING!!! The wifey and I went to Chicago for the day, to attend the Chicago Auto Show. By the time we got back home, we were both friggin' exhausted. Had reservations, but neither of us felt like going out.

Jeffrey L.

FireDoc83

Cigar Assassin
Rating - 98.5%
108   1   0
Thanks Justin.... well, I cooked up some big ass pub burgers with all the fixens and fries, here at the Firehouse... Man, I have a wonderful wife that is very understanding. :thumbsup:

Hendy

BoM Oct 08 / BoM Oct 09
Rating - 100%
575   0   0
I came home with Godiva, Roses, Cards, and Chinese Food.

Winner (believe it or not).

Happy V Day.

NickThePyro

GO COUGS!
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Your dinner sounds outright mouth watering to say the least. Our house cook made us a huge Italian feast, the whole house smells like lasagna and garlic. Finished off the meal with 4 handmade huge cheesecakes. But you still take the cake.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I treated the wife to a 22 ounce lobster tail with garlic butter and I had a 2.5 pound porterhouse steak, rare - doesn't get much better than that.

Rating - 100%
59   0   2
i grillled up some dryaged ribeyes with salad and fresh green beans with a touch of butter small pieces of bacon not bacon bits and a bottle of line 39 cab from 07

Rating - 100%
58   0   0
My wife snapped a cellphone pic. I will post it later.

I made individual beef wellingtons in puff pastry, complimented with a rosemary/thyme infused red wine demiglace, sauteed asparagus spears with garlic and freshly shredded Parmesan cheese, and some oven roasted baby reds that were tossed with butter, Parm, Italian herbs, garlic, paprika, salt & pepper before baking. Then, ended the whole thing with a homemade dark chocolate mousse served in martini glasses. She enjoyed.

CaTeacher

BoM May 2012
Rating - 100%
222   0   0
Took the wife out to dinner last night for some tasty steaks. Tonight I made black and bleu chicken, ribs, rice, and broccoli.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
A dozen white roses

Dinner
Sea food grille
Two small lobster tails - grilled
Two Fresh Shrimp skewers grilled dusted with Coyote Dust, lime and butter
Cold dungeness crab, fresh lemon and homemade ocoktail sauce
Grilled green beans, pepper glazed fresh brussel sprouts
New Zealand Sauvigon Blanc
Gran Marnier Cake

She seems happy.

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
A dozen white roses

Dinner
Sea food grille
Two small lobster tails - grilled
Two Fresh Shrimp skewers grilled dusted with Coyote Dust, lime and butter
Cold dungeness crab, fresh lemon and homemade ocoktail sauce
Grilled green beans, pepper glazed fresh brussel sprouts
New Zealand Sauvigon Blanc
Gran Marnier Cake

She seems happy.
:crosseyed:crosseyed
......... I had grilled cheese and tomato soup in the dining hall........ lol

aquarich

BoM March '11
Rating - 100%
205   0   0
We are on vacation in Grand Cayman. The wife and I went to a new restaurant here called Ortanique. Started with a bottle of '05 Silver Oak. Wife had an amazing short rib appetizer, while I had a pumpkin ravioli to start. Wife had an excellent shrimp and linguine pasta, while I had steak that was one of the best I have ever had. We finished with dessert. Wife had a fruit medley, while I went with a chocolate bread pudding. Great night and great food. If you ever get down here, Ortanique is a must. We met one of the co-owners, his wife, who is the head chef and her assistant. The assistant is a former contestant on Top Chef.