What's new

Velvet Rat

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
I have some beach front property in Kansas for sale to you Liga lovers. How about some proof.
The only proof I need about JD is the fact that every person I've ever talked to who met him loved the man, and was awed by his commitment to DE's customers and fans.

The only proof I need about Liga Privada is obtained by smoking one. Yep, proof enough for me, these are some of the best stogies out there.

Rating - 100%
52   0   0
i have some beach front property in kansas for sale to you liga lovers. How about some proof.
the only proof i need about jd is the fact that every person i've ever talked to who met him loved the man, and was awed by his commitment to de's customers and fans.

The only proof i need about liga privada is obtained by smoking one. Yep, proof enough for me, these are some of the best stogies out there.
this!

rev.b

Master of Mayhem * BoM 1/14
Rating - 100%
163   0   0
I have some beach front property in Kansas for sale to you Liga lovers. How about some proof.
The only proof I need about JD is the fact that every person I've ever talked to who met him loved the man, and was awed by his commitment to DE's customers and fans.

The only proof I need about Liga Privada is obtained by smoking one. Yep, proof enough for me, these are some of the best stogies out there.
+1.....rev.b

MoJo

BoM March 2013
Rating - 100%
192   0   0
On halfwheel's review it says the regular release would be mid 2013. July is mid year. I'm not getting my hopes up too high becasue they are known to changes things up. I spoke with two people who would have a little more knowledge than myself or anything I've seen on the internet so lets keep our fingers crossed. I've heard nothing but goods things about them.
If the do, they'll probably announce it at IPCPR, which I really hope they do!

+1 about JD, Saka, and the DE crew being great BOTLs

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
Friend of a friend said something about potentially in October. But from what I've seen, I'm guessing this won't be a large release, it'll be another small-batch release like the first round.

SDShark

BoM May '14
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
On halfwheel's review it says the regular release would be mid 2013. July is mid year. I'm not getting my hopes up too high becasue they are known to changes things up. I spoke with two people who would have a little more knowledge than myself or anything I've seen on the internet so lets keep our fingers crossed. I've heard nothing but goods things about them.
If the do, they'll probably announce it at IPCPR, which I really hope they do!
Along with the new 'Nica Rustica' .. I'm excited for that one based on the price point alone!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0

+1.....rev.b
Your right. All I need is a liga for proof of the quality of the cigars.

I met JD at a event in deltona, fl in may. What amazed me and made me respect him more and love the brand more was his customer service. I waited in line to meet him for over a hour. Can't front I was pissed off. I didn't understand how signing a box and taking a picture was taking so long. As I got towards the front of the line I could hear him talking to the people. He spoke to everyone for atleast 20 minutes getting to know them, asked what they did for a living and asked about their family. I was at the end of the line and by the time I got to him it was 11:30pm

(The event was over at 11pm) he spoke to me, my cousin and our wives for 45 minutesabout everything under the sun, he showed a interest in us not just how much drew estate cigars we bought. The best part was my cousin asked him how he and his wife deals with his celebrity status. JD interrupted him and said "I'm a personality not a celebrity, I keep my two lives different and always respect my personal life". That's what I remeber the most from our 45 minute convo.

Rating - 100%
69   0   0
Luis, I was the one that took the group picture of you guys, I was behind the counter with JD for a good chunk of the night man. I thought your Avatar looked kinda familiar.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Luis, I was the one that took the group picture of you guys, I was behind the counter with JD for a good chunk of the night man. I thought your Avatar looked kinda familiar.
Yep your right!!! Whats up brother!!?? I just got on botl.org a few days ago, heard good things about it figured I'd check it out. Hope all is well. I believe we follow eachother on instagram too.

Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Luis are you the Army guy that was in line ahead of me apologies for jumping line to get a quick signature from jd on the box. I was the AF guy that had to head out was gonna just not worry about getting a sig but the DE rep said he would get it signed real quick. Thanks for being cool and welcome to BOTL

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Luis are you the Army guy that was in line ahead of me apologies for jumping line to get a quick signature from jd on the box. I was the AF guy that had to head out was gonna just not worry about getting a sig but the DE rep said he would get it signed real quick. Thanks for being cool and welcome to BOTL
I remember you. No problem brother, glad you were able to meet and get your box signed before you left. I drove four hours to get there. I have patience!!!! Lol

d-boy

Zach Emerson DeBoy
Rating - 100%
80   0   0
I'd be happy with ANY Rats!
Agreed! Hell, I keep having dreams about walking into a shop stocked full with Dirty Rats! It's been so long since I've lit one up, whenever I do I'm sure it will bring a tear to the eye.
Man I wish I could even get a chance to get a Dirty Rat! Let alone any of the Unico series other than the Papas Fritas. My local B&M doesn't even carry the No. 9's, I have to drive an hour to get those and the owner of that shop won't call when they did get them in because he kept them for himself! Smh...

Favorite Cigar as of Now - Liga Privada No. 9

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Im reviving this.

Anyone heard anything about these lately? I just got my hands on a box of feral pigs and Dirty rats and I hear these are even better!

On a second thought, anyone know why they stopped making regular flying pigs?

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
Man I wish I could even get a chance to get a Dirty Rat! Let alone any of the Unico series other than the Papas Fritas. My local B&M doesn't even carry the No. 9's, I have to drive an hour to get those and the owner of that shop won't call when they did get them in because he kept them for himself! Smh...
lol, Zach.. how far you've come since July! Hehe.

Anyone heard anything about these lately? I just got my hands on a box of feral pigs and Dirty rats and I hear these are even better!

Nobody's heard anything about them. I asked JD in an email, but never got a direct reply to that question. We do know at least two different Velvets have been made with official labels, one with a block print font, and one with a scripted font similar to the Dirty Rat font. The block print was the one with the uber-limited release (400 total cigars) at TESA. The scripted font doesn't seem to have ever been officially released, but makes me wonder if they're prepping for one?

Regarding your second question, they never started making "regular" flying pigs. All three to date (UC, No. 9, and T52) were a limited run from the get-go, and were never slated for regular production. The Feral Pig is the only "regular" production pig, and is still being released in waves.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
lol, Zach.. how far you've come since July! Hehe.

Nobody's heard anything about them. I asked JD in an email, but never got a direct reply to that question. We do know at least two different Velvets have been made with official labels, one with a block print font, and one with a scripted font similar to the Dirty Rat font. The block print was the one with the uber-limited release (400 total cigars) at TESA. The scripted font doesn't seem to have ever been officially released, but makes me wonder if they're prepping for one?

Regarding your second question, they never started making "regular" flying pigs. All three to date (UC, No. 9, and T52) were a limited run from the get-go, and were never slated for regular production. The Feral Pig is the only "regular" production pig, and is still being released in waves.

Awesome! Thanks for the information. That makes a lot of sense about the no 9 pigs, t52s and UCs. Could be why finding those on the secondary market its absolutely bananas. Hopefully we see a velvet rat though.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I remember reading (maybe halfwheel) that these were going to be a regular Unico Release and it was going to release towards the end of the year. I know there has been some setbacks with the KFC's, BOTL's saw some delay, Nica Rustica...wonder if these just got pushed? Or am I just trippin?

Rating - 100%
90   0   0
I remember reading (maybe halfwheel) that these were going to be a regular Unico Release and it was going to release towards the end of the year. I know there has been some setbacks with the KFC's, BOTL's saw some delay, Nica Rustica...wonder if these just got pushed? Or am I just trippin?
Sorry to be a naysayer, but I just don't see it this year. The UF-13 isn't that far in the rear view mirror, the UF-4 just got a limited re-release for Halloween, Nica Rustica is still not widely available, and I don't know what the deal is with the KFC. I just can't see them pushing another Unico out at this time. I do think it will come out eventually but I think spring would be the earliest realistic time to expect them and if they were pushed further back then that I would not be surprised, nor necessarily disappointed being that I've never seen an official statement regarding anything about them other than during the summer JD and Saka saying that this year was already packed and a new project wouldn't help their production goals. However, these definitely are the most realistic to be released as I think any rumors of the BR, BBR, or re-release of any Pigs wouldn't be a project til 2015, later, or for all I know never.