What's new

Viaje Exclusivo

Clint

Clint
Rating - 100%
206   0   1
Huge Viaje fan here, but none of the other Exclusivos have even come close to the OR Jar Release...Those are one of my top 5 ever.

...No so sure I will want to chase after these

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
I smoked a Viaje Exclusivo with another 50/50 band on it. Is this the same cigar?
No. The Exclusivo is a different line. There was, though, a 50/50 Black Label and a 50/50 Red Label. I wasn't able to get any Reds, but I thought the Blacks were fantastic -- one of my favorite Viajes.

SkinsFanLarry

Craft Beer Addict!
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
Huge Viaje fan here, but none of the other Exclusivos have even come close to the OR Jar Release...Those are one of my top 5 ever.

...No so sure I will want to chase after these
Amen to that Clint! :thumbsup:

thegoldenmackid

Why Can't I be a Lancero?
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Hmm an "east coast" and a "west coast".... maybe with bands that mirror the cuban regional band? sounds pretty original to me :grin::grin::grin:
yep sounds like the verocu for tat, but exclusivo is not new for viaje.
need more info... vitola?
To clear some things up... it's not a westie/eastie thing.

It's something Viaje did in 2009, the Exclusivo Chiquito. It's released every two years to two retailers.

Tower in CA and Cigar-ette City in DE get the cigar this year. It's a bit bigger than the original IIRC as this one is 4 7/8 x 51. Each retailer will get fifty boxes (of the same blend), which is up from the thirty that were given to each retailer in 2009.

I first thought the same thing regarding copying a certain thing that was done before... but with details it sounds a bit less familiar, excluding the other time Andre did it.

raspol

No problem.
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Cigarette City is my local. Don't let the name fool you, he has one of the biggest selection of cigars anywhere. Limiteds, HTF and aged cigars.

The only problem is, he doesn't ship.

BrooksW

BoM June '09
Rating - 100%
131   0   0
Talked to Gary (at Cigarette City) today, really great guy...Apparently, he has a VERY large number of cigars loL!

~brooks

raspol

No problem.
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Talked to Gary (at Cigarette City) today, really great guy...Apparently, he has a VERY large number of cigars loL!

~brooks
He is a great guy. Very knowledgable and a great palette.

Everytime I go in I find a new cigar. And not just new releases. Only cigar he doesn't carry is Padron.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0

~brooks
Gary is awesome, and has one hell of a selection of cigars. When my office was in Delaware i used to frequent the shop often. Now i try to come up with excuses to go to the old office, just so i can make a stop to see Gary at the shop. Wish i had a local shop like cigarette city near my house. It is pretty damn awesome.
:chat:

raspol

No problem.
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Gary is awesome, and has one hell of a selection of cigars. When my office was in Delaware i used to frequent the shop often. Now i try to come up with excuses to go to the old office, just so i can make a stop to see Gary at the shop. Wish i had a local shop like cigarette city near my house. It is pretty damn awesome.
:chat:
LOL. And I wish I didn't have a local like it. I'd be richer ;)

Rating - 100%
10   0   0

~brooks
Brooks
Gary is the man with a great selection and very passionate to talk cigars with. If you need a box let me know and I can take care of everything. You may want to ask him about his own new cigar he just rolled with Emilio. Its called the Emilio AF1 and he just started to roll it out nationwide.

Here is pic of Gary at their website:
http://www.emiliocigars.com/

Here is a description of the cigar. I can get some samples for you if your interested in a review but I have heard excellent things. Have a few resting in my humi and will be smoking one soon.

Now available, the Emilio AF-1 cigars are produced in Esteli, Nicaragua and named in honor of our friend A.J. Fernandez, blender and manufacturer. Two years in the making, the cigars are loaded with flavor from the Nicaraguan tobaccos of the filler, and clothed with a slow fermented maduro wrapper, dark and rich with spice and sweetness. Available in shelf-friendly cabinet boxes of 20 in four sizes: Robusto, Toro, Torpedo, and the massive BMF.