What's new

Viaje Holiday Blend / Candy Cane

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As a Viaje whore, I jumped on these quick. Candy Cane and Holiday are awesome. Anyone try them yet? My source sold out of Stuffed Turkey so any lead is appreciated.

thejavaman

BoM December 2012
Rating - 100%
160   0   0
You smoked last year's Friends and Family, didn't you? After the 8 month resting period was it as terrible as halfwheel stated? Let me know.
Not at all, IMO. I thoroughly enjoyed it actually. Never had a fresh one, so I obviously couldn't compare them, but I thought it was one of, if not the, best Viaje's I've ever had next to the double edged sword (totally different profiles, btw). I thought about grabbing a fiver of those too, but chose the candy canes instead.

BigFoot

Jose
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
First year I'm not going to get the holiday blend. Nothing compares to the 2009. I've purchased boxes for the past couple years, IMO they both sucked with the 2010 being absolute trash. Last years was better but I revisited them a couple of weeks ago and it was blah, just ok. Not worth the price tag. A shame that I have these left.....was really hoping I could smoke these during the Holidays for the foreseeable future. Maybe this years will be different, see that they went back to the original size.

Rating - 100%
45   0   0
The only Viaje dealer around my way told me he stopped doing business with them. He still has multiple boxes of S&B sitting on his shelf and said they just don't sell anymore. Sign of the times or are people realizing what Viaje really is?

To stay on topic, I will pass on these.

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
The only Viaje dealer around my way told me he stopped doing business with them. He still has multiple boxes of S&B sitting on his shelf and said they just don't sell anymore. Sign of the times or are people realizing what Viaje really is?

To stay on topic, I will pass on these.
dude, don't blame them, they're just following their neighborhood. if you don't regularly flip it, if your local customers aren't buying it, it's useless, no matter how good it is. it is just cash tied up and sitting, not flipping.

my job, i can't GET enough bourbon for the crowd, but i can barely give ron zacapa away. go fig. o(

Rating - 100%
45   0   0
Well I didn't clarify the entire reason they aren't selling. The owner had heard some things about Viaje's business practices that he didn't agree with. He would discourage people from buying them because he feels they are an inferior product at an insane markup.

**EDIT** And I agree 100% FWIW

Also, he said they didn't sell anymore. Anymore, as in they used to fly off the shelf.

Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Well I didn't clarify the entire reason they aren't selling. The owner had heard some things about Viaje's business practices that he didn't agree with. He would discourage people from buying them because he feels they are an inferior product at an insane markup.

Also, he said they didn't sell anymore. Anymore, as in they used to fly off the shelf.
That means more for me. If you ask me, that owner is not the most intelligent person. He might of waited to bad mouth his vendor until he sold out if them.

Rating - 100%
45   0   0
I was surprised by his response as well. But whatever, I don't own the place and he seems to be doing pretty well. He was around long before Viaje and I am sure he will be around long after too. I have heard the same things he heard but have also purchased quite a few myself, they are just not for me. I can buy so many better (to me) sticks for that kind of money.

He was also a bitter. He was an early Viaje supporter and basically felt like he was getting shafted now that the brand gained some momentum. So if anything, he may have acted on his feelings being hurt more than him being "not the most intelligent person".

Rating - 100%
29   0   0

They don't sell anymore because people have gotten fed up with having to buy new viajes every other day... Thus never having money to buy other marcas of sticks.. Plus they are overpriced and most aren't worth half their asking price... IMHO

Rating - 100%
29   0   0

That means more for me. If you ask me, that owner is not the most intelligent person. He might of waited to bad mouth his vendor until he sold out if them.
A vendor I know broke ties with Viaje because they would send him every release wether he wanted them or not.. Then said vendor had a bill for cigars he did not order.

Rating - 100%
9   0   0

A vendor I know broke ties with Viaje because they would send him every release wether he wanted them or not.. Then said vendor had a bill for cigars he did not order.
Viaje isn't the only one that does this... Just saying.

Rating - 100%
112   0   0

They don't just send it like Fuente with opus. You get an email with an invoice and you say yay or nay.