What's new

Viaje Skull & Bones

BrooksW

BoM June '09
Rating - 100%
131   0   0
I was told that his original releases will be double-capped cigars. So if Fat Man and Little Boy are made again next year they will not have a capped foot.

Andre is releasing Zombie again this year. Let's see if it has a capped foot or not.
Yes, Andre told us at the show that there would always be a (small) Zombie release after a Red S&B release...so anytime you see the Red S&B, the Zombies will not be far behind...

~brooks

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe you missed the Tatuaje meat locker series if I'm not mistaken. Or are those made exclusively for one shop?

Now you got me thinking about how many different lines Viaje and Tatuaje have. Well let's see. Not counting releases made for a single store.

Viaje Oro
Viaje Oro Reserva
Viaje Platino
Viaje Platino Reserva
Viaje Exclusivo
Viaje Fifty/Fifty Black
Viaje Fifty/Fifty Red
Viaje White Label Project
Viaje Skull & Bones "?"
Viaje Skull & Bones Red
Viaje Late Harvest (coming soon)

Tatuaje Brown Label
Tatuaje Havana VI
Tatuaje Black Label
Tatuaje Series P
Tatuaje Monster Series
Cabaiguan
Ambos Mundos
El Triunfador (original blend)
El Triunfador
La Riqueza
Fausto
Fausto Avion
La Casita Criolla

Wow, that's a lot! Please feel free to add in anything I've missed.

orangedog

Navin R Johnson
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
No, although they may have them too. The one on tatum... I'd swing by, the last round went quick and I ended up getting the wmds from the botl community.

Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Hey Marvin,

I knew I shouldn't have posted what I did as I don't want this thread to get into Viaje vs Tat as we've had too many of those. I just meant that was my personal perception/opinion and I even admitted people could easily think the same about Tatuaje.
And I probably shouldn't have posted that list either. But I was just curious and didn't mean to start anything by it. In fact, I am a big fan of both brands. Sorry.

Rating - 100%
53   0   0
Both brands have the same kind of feel to me, marketing wise that is
They're certainly targeting the same demographic and using similar techniques. The real distinction seems to be whether you see their marketing as an honest reflection of their passion, or just salesmanship.

From what I've seen, Pete seems to get more credit for honesty than Andre, at least around these parts. Of course I can't say whether that's fair or not, never having met either man.

For what it's worth think both men put out a really excellent product.

-Charles

Fia

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
He will be making this cigar every year in a different size. It will be released in October.

In fact, on October 21st I'm doing an event in Hawaii with Andre to kick off this year's ? Skull & Bones.

If any of your "mainlanders" happen to be visiting Hawaii during this time, you will not want to miss this one. Marvin knows how to go all out on his events. Its going to be a great time.:youarethe

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
They're certainly targeting the same demographic and using similar techniques. The real distinction seems to be whether you see their marketing as an honest reflection of their passion, or just salesmanship.

From what I've seen, Pete seems to get more credit for honesty than Andre, at least around these parts. Of course I can't say whether that's fair or not, never having met either man.
-Charles
I agree, Charles. I don't want to bog down yet another Viaje thread with this, so I'll stop there. But do check out their website ... the image on the intro page tells you all you need to know.

I do look forward to reading reviews on these, and wouldn't mind some "how are they now" reviews on the red-banded ones as well (was that the MOAB? I can't keep up, lol). I liked the original S&B release a lot.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
He will be making this cigar every year in a different size. It will be released in October.

In fact, on October 21st I'm doing an event in Hawaii with Andre to kick off this year's ? Skull & Bones.
JON! I'm there.
Me too, definitely. Just 4 days before my 19th b-day too.

btw, any idea on the price? So I can modify my budget to prepare for this...

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
I do look forward to reading reviews on these, and wouldn't mind some "how are they now" reviews on the red-banded ones as well (was that the MOAB? I can't keep up, lol). I liked the original S&B release a lot.
I loved the first two (white label) releases. I heard mixed reviews of the reds, but the WMD I smoked seemed just as good as the earlier releases. I'd be buying into this one if I wasn't already stocked up on those.

-Charles