What's new

Videos

Hopduro

PhDStogies
Rating - 100%
237   0   0
There is a mention of some stems. It made me wonder about my practice of removing all the stem in my filler leaf. Maybe I should leave some. It must impact the flavor profile. It is basically wood rather than leaf. I've seen small stems in a number of premium cigars. Opinions???
Opinion: try it both ways

In practice: i leave a bit of center vein at the top of my fillers. I think it tastes good and helps with the draw/construction.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I agree with what Mr. Hoppy said above, except I'm not sure about the tastes good part. I believe it can also taste bad. That's the beauty of this thing: everything can be tested empirically. :wacky:

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
There is a mention of some stems. It made me wonder about my practice of removing all the stem in my filler leaf. Maybe I should leave some. It must impact the flavor profile. It is basically wood rather than leaf. I've seen small stems in a number of premium cigars. Opinions???
I like to save and, use mata fina mid-rib. Sometimes, I'll use it without using the mata fina lamina. .. so, isn't there a difference between vein, mid-rib, stem and stalk?

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Anyone have any links to someone rolling Torpedo's? iv found a few where they are wrapping them but none on the actual construction so to speak
If you don't have a mold, leave some out of the shoulder/head and, if the case is high enough, it could be brought together with the binder or, wrapper if you don't want to mess with paper molding. it will firm up when dried. Do it to the foot and you have a Salomone.