What's new

Videos

YvanheTerrible

Yvan The Terrible
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Having watched nearly every pro cigar rolling video on YT over the last 5 years, I almost never see anything new. But this sweet move at 10:02 definitely made me go "Whoa!"

I have learned more from this whole series “From Seeds to Smokes” than from any other videos (beside yours). I only wish that people in Cuban factories would watch it. Having Cubans readily available in Canada I must have discarded over 20 cigars this year alone because of poor rolling. Now this a little beside the point for home rollers but this entire set of videos is probably one of the best from start to end.

On the bunching, I remembered reading a comment from Marc L where he was saying that he was using a similar style of bunching.

Great video.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Move above it. Your better then this.
In this instance, semantical distinctions are eclipsed by real accomplishment. You know, it's one thing for a selected prodigy of thirty years' experience, having learnt at the knee of the master, now rolling 500 a day for Davidoff, to produce an impeccable gar. It's quite another for a retired tango teacher, learning on his own, in his spare time, to produce as fine a cap as a man could want. Call it triple, fipple, nipple or stipple ... who cares?

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
And yet.... my curiosity still lingers over what this person believes to be the meaning of the compound noun triple cap, "As it is commonly understood in the industry." And why he believes "Even Cuban cigars only use single caps, LOL." Many of the videos he made this comment on very explicitly show the "three-layered" effect of the caps as I roll'em. Oh well. Some mysteries must remain as such.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And yet.... my curiosity still lingers over what this person believes to be the meaning of the compound noun triple cap, "As it is commonly understood in the industry." And why he believes "Even Cuban cigars only use single caps, LOL." Many of the videos he made this comment on very explicitly show the "three-layered" effect of the caps as I roll'em. Oh well. Some mysteries must remain as such.
Maybe someone just fucking with you or he’s an idiot and thinks the cap is just the circle on top

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
In this instance, semantical distinctions are eclipsed by real accomplishment. You know, it's one thing for a selected prodigy of thirty years' experience, having learnt at the knee of the master, now rolling 500 a day for Davidoff, to produce an impeccable gar. It's quite another for a retired tango teacher, learning on his own, in his spare time, to produce as fine a cap as a man could want. Call it triple, fipple, nipple or stipple ... who cares?
Right? .. well said. ... who cares? the wrong person (@blisscigarco )

YvanheTerrible

Yvan The Terrible
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rolled two sticks yesterday to try Bliss’s technique from the video. Didn’t go bad at all. I ended up using two leaves of seco (5 grams) and two leaves of ligero (10 grams) so double the weight of ligero to make a 50rg by 7”.

Now, I have a feeling that this could be on the stronger side, will try one tonight. I’ll keep a bag of candy nearby just in case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Rolled two sticks yesterday to try Bliss’s technique from the video. Didn’t go bad at all. I ended up using two leaves of seco (5 grams) and two leaves of ligero (10 grams) so double the weight of ligero to make a 50rg by 7”.

Now, I have a feeling that this could be on the stronger side, will try one tonight. I’ll keep a bag of candy nearby just in case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Those look pretty awesome. Doesn't seem like you're giving your blends a ton of time to marry nor your leaf much chance to recover from the trauma, but hey, they look hot.

YvanheTerrible

Yvan The Terrible
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The secret to bunching or wrapping your perfecto is in the S

Thanks a lot for the great video, as usual very informative and entertaining. I seriously wondered a while ago if there was something wrong with me when I received leaves that were advertised as binder (or wrappers) but couldn’t figure out how they could be used as such. Sure feels better now. Very generous of you for posting the videos.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro