What's new

wanna show off your briars?

Rating - 100%
35   0   0

JM Boswell estate pipe I picked up tonight from a shop. 45 bucks, he cleaned it and buffed it while i waited. Im so screwed. This shop has drawers and drawers of estate pipes. Dunhills, Tinsky's, oh my. Just pick one and he gives you a price, then he cleans and buffs it and your a happy camper.
Wow! Does the shop have a website?

Rating - 100%
69   0   0
Have been having fun cleaning up the pipes my folks sent me for Christmas.

First pipe I have ever cleaned was this Kaywoodie #14 flame grain. Not sure on year, if there is a way to tell that would be awesome. I see some from the 40s. No before photos.

Then I went to town on a Monterey Italian briar. It had a pretty pitted steam.

After soaking it in oxieclean for a few hours, it cleaned up nicely.

I don't have a reamer yet but the cake in the bowls wasn't bad, I just scraped it lightly with my tamper tool. I also used vodka for internal cleaning. Going to get a reamer and some more cleaning supplies as this was fun getting these ready to smoke out of.

Rating - 100%
59   0   0
Well I used my gift cards from Christmas and grabbed another beauty from Pipesandcigars.com great price and on sale!
Stefano Santambrogio

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
Pauls Pipes Poker, I call it "zombie" I mixed a couple ideas he had and came up with this. Great construction, awesome detail and dude is super communicative on the whole process. Very excited to burn some in this bad boy!