What's new

Weather station

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
My old hygrometer were getting tough to read, so I picked up this weather station to keep tabs on my 2 desktop humidors. ( at least until I buy a wine cooler). Then I can use them in that too.

I have 3 sensors but only need 2 for my desktops. Gonna put them in a calibration bag to see how accurate they are. Will report back later.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
My old hygrometer were getting tough to read, so I picked up this weather station to keep tabs on my 2 desktop humidors. ( at least until I buy a wine cooler). Then I can use them in that too.

I have 3 sensors but only need 2 for my desktops. Gonna put them in a calibration bag to see how accurate they are. Will report back later.
Where'd you get that? That's pretty slick.

I plan on getting a wineador in addition to my cooler sometime this winter. I'd love to have something like this!

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
$55 on Amazon. Mine is the Ambient Weather WS10. You can add up to 8 sensors, but it comes with 3. And you can calibrate on the large LCD readout screen if they are way off.

I have 1 sensor currently in the calibration bag. 2 or 3 won't fit at the same time. I will let you know how they perform in the boveda.

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Picked a set up in March based off a recommendation from a fellow brother and it's amazing, especially for the price.
After testing, they were perfectly calibrated and in my opinion, absolutely essential for Wineador owners.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a lower version of that system running 4 sensors now, works well. I have 2 of the sensors backed up with Caliber IV's just as a check but they work fine. My only suggestion is to calibrate them at the humidity you intend to operate them at. I've always felt that the 75% target isn't all that necessary and just used because it mirrors the salt test RH. I have it in my head that the farther away from the calibrated RH you get, the larger the tolerance will be, but I've never read and credible confirmation of this notion. Good system though.

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
401   0   0
I've been using an older Ambient Weather 3 sensor version for the past couple of years now to monitor my coolers. The control unit sits on my desk.

I've been VERY happy with it and would highly recommend it!

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Very cool man, can you read it from a good distance away?
Right now my sensors are in my walk in closet. The display is in my master so probably only 15 ft away.

Manual claims 100 ft (under most conditions). Whatever that means. Depends on how many walls your going thru and what materials your going thru.

The sensors are made to be used outside while the display is inside. So a decent distance should work.

cgraunke

BoM March '14
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
Spring strong sweet tall green grass grow...
Been using the 6 sensor unit here. Love that I can check in without opening up (and disrupting) each desktop or tupper.
As an option, it will also do a continuous scroll through whatever sensors are synced so you don't even have to push a single button to see all your different locations.

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
To me $55 was a great deal. Now convincing my wife I need to upgrade to a wineador will be a little more difficult.