Well I’m throwing in the towell...

Discussion in 'Cigars' started by Smokin Devil, Dec 5, 2018.

1. Thebutcher

Thebutcher testing testing.....is this thing on?

I am having the same problem!!!
    I bought a humi on cheap humidors .com (or something like that) ,it looked real nice had a glass top and my wife liked the way it looked and found a good spot for it,it was bigger then I figured I needed( it will be to small real soon like every one warned me about)
    Know this, my wife will NOT tolerate a Tupperware container sitting out anywhere! So this was a good option.
    My problem is dry air,we heat with wood here in the great white north and my weather station says the RH inside is 23% even with a tea kettle boiling away on the wood stove 24/7.
    I was really struggling to get the RH up when we started the wood cook stove this year.
    So I picked up a Heartfelt tube that was twice the recommended size and still had to hydrate the beads twice and put a shot glass full of distilled water in the humi and after two weeks it has finally stabilized at 65%,I removed the shot glass and the RH is stable.
    A tuperdor would have been easer.i think
    Next project is a wineador,one of my kids gave me a wine cooler so that will be my next RH challenge

BourbonBinder and redneck_toy like this.
  2. redneck_toy

redneck_toy Fuente Fanboy donor5

Buy a Brick of 20 Boveda (16g) on Amazon for $75 or so in the RH you like, put half in the wineador, the other half in a Tupperware. when the ones in the wino start drying out, change them out with the fresh ones. Add shot glass of distilled water in Tupperware, and by the time the others are dry, the first ones will be recharged.
    Works for me just fine. RH in my neck of the woods in the winter is similar to yours.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2019
    Thebutcher likes this.
  3. Thebutcher

Thanks for the advise I'll give that a try

redneck_toy likes this.
  4. Tyler86

Tyler86

@Thebutcher
    You could also sandwich bag them with a Boveda 65 or 69, then throw in "fancy wood box" that doesn't work well that we all tried before tupperdores and coolers.

Stupid Tapatalk

Thebutcher likes this.
  5. Thebutcher

6. Tyler86

Tyler86

The Sistema 1870 Tupperware still blows my mind how long Boveda packs last. I don't even bother with a hygrometer of any kind in there either. It was 63/66% for like 6months even with 20% RH in my house this fall, took the hygrometers out. I can stash them all over the house too

Stupid Tapatalk

Smokin Devil likes this.