What's new

Well I’m throwing in the towell...

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
on this humidor thing. Even after all of the info and advise on these (and other) forums about the ease of using a tupperdor, I insisted on getting a humidor. ( mostly because it looks cool and I have a great bar to set it on). Now I have the best of both worlds....a cool looking place to store my smokes and ease and worry free use. For all of the newbies out there, save yourself a bunch of headaches and worry and go the tupperdor route. I never again have to worry about how full the humidor is and the RH will always match my boveda packs.....perfecto!!9067DFB0-23E2-494A-B743-2C066E607843.jpegA9A64908-85A6-4E5F-B5D6-B262B5448D4A.jpeg

Attachments

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Many have done the same thing. I would look at the sistema kilp it tup. Might fit better in the humi. Check amazon for better prices.
https://sistemaplastics.com/products/klip-it-rectangular/5l-rectangle
Thanks for the info. I couldn't find a sistema that would fit. That particular one that you linked is about 1/2" too big on one dimension. I ordered the one that the tray will fit in for more storage behind the bar. I am going to keep my eyes open for a more perfect fit but for now it works.

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I was right there where you were about a year ago. I couldn't get my wood humidor to get under I think it was 70 to 72%, no matter what I did, cigars were burning horribly. Tupperware, Boveda packs, DONE. 65% burns perfect for me here. Side note - I love your setup with your tupperdor in the actual humidor:D

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I was right there where you were about a year ago. I couldn't get my wood humidor to get under I think it was 70 to 72%, no matter what I did, cigars were burning horribly. Tupperware, Boveda packs, DONE. 65% burns perfect for me here. Side note - I love your setup with your tupperdor in the actual humidor:D
Thanks. And you touched on the best part...even after just 1 week at a stable 65% and everything burns so much better.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Walmart and Target have them occasionally. I had a larger one and the shelf it was sitting on in my fridgedor broke, warping the container so it wouldn't seal properly. Replaced it with two of the smaller size.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Humidors are old technology! A tupperdor in a pretty box (both available at WM) is genius.
I agree Humidors are old technology which serve now as showcase pieces rather than storage devices. I think the Wineador is definitely the superior successor. It’s best for those that don’t have cool basements to store their stogies in as it actively regulates temperature; or those who are on a budget and can’t afford to run the A/C all day in the summer heat (apartments).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
137   0   0
Maybe you guys need to buy humidors that aren’t made by children in China or Taiwan

It’s definitely easier to regulate humidity in a wineador/igloodor/tupperdor but there comes a point where it looks weird (in regards to amount of cigars)

There will always be a point where a furniture piece (custom or non) trumps the convenience of the plastic humidors.

If you have 4 winecoolers (which still look cool) or 4 Coleman igloodors (which don’t look cool) a step into a cabinet just for the sake of having 1 micro-climate (temp and humidity) to look after instead of 4 (just an example amount obviously) is easier even if it’s slightly harder to maintain the 1.

All of this means nothing if you keep under 80 boxes and just want to store your cigars easily of course

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Boveda and humidity beads changed the game for tuperdors. Mine are basically maintenance free, opening them every couple of weeks to check the charge on the Bovedas and to inspect the cigars. A furniture style humidor is a statement of elegance and refinement. I'm envious of people that have nice ones but you pay dearly for the quality that assures similar control as I get with my tuperdors.

Rating - 100%
137   0   0
I thought that as well at one point. But (for me) having multiple humidors (or type of storage you choose) with multiple hydros, and a plethora of Boveda a or beads/litter to even look at was annoying. I guess what I was saying (a +1 to a previous comment) is a well made humidor can be almost as easy as a plastic container. Sure, more air transfer than a non-porous container will mean actually changing the bovedas instead of just looking at them every once in a while (if you go that route) but can be an easy option when you’re not fighting a poorly made product that leaks like a sieve.

I think a humidor is part of the hobby call me old school

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Maybe you guys need to buy humidors that aren’t made by children in China or Taiwan

It’s definitely easier to regulate humidity in a wineador/igloodor/tupperdor but there comes a point where it looks weird (in regards to amount of cigars)

There will always be a point where a furniture piece (custom or non) trumps the convenience of the plastic humidors.

If you have 4 winecoolers (which still look cool) or 4 Coleman igloodors (which don’t look cool) a step into a cabinet just for the sake of having 1 micro-climate (temp and humidity) to look after instead of 4 (just an example amount obviously) is easier even if it’s slightly harder to maintain the 1.

All of this means nothing if you keep under 80 boxes and just want to store your cigars easily of course

I totally agree with this. I know that I will probably end up with a wineador some day. But the tupperdors sure are convenient and effective while I am building a stash and figuring out what I like.