What's new

Well it's over

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
Very sorry to hear this, brother.

I wish you nothing but the best, and hope this is the beginning of a great chapter of your life.

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
401   0   0
Sorry to hear about this Jed. I've gone through a similar situation and have empathy for your situation. Thankfully my wife and I decided to ultimately reconcile but I understand that that does not always happen. I'll be praying that everything works out for the best for you and your family no matter what the final outcome.

Not sure where your farm is but I do get to Iowa on a fairly regular basis since my daughter went to school on Ames and decided to stay. (She currently lives in Des Moines near the Drake campus) I also do a fair amount of business across the state from Newton to Cedar Rapids to Waterloo to mason city and over to Sioux city. ( Des Moines as well). Send me a PM with your info and maybe we can get together sometime on the next couple of months for a smoke.

Take care and hold your head high.

Rupe

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear about this Jed. I've gone through a similar situation and have empathy for your situation. Thankfully my wife and I decided to ultimately reconcile but I understand that that does not always happen. I'll be praying that everything works out for the best for you and your family no matter what the final outcome.

Not sure where your farm is but I do get to Iowa on a fairly regular basis since my daughter went to school on Ames and decided to stay. (She currently lives in Des Moines near the Drake campus) I also do a fair amount of business across the state from Newton to Cedar Rapids to Waterloo to mason city and over to Sioux city. ( Des Moines as well). Send me a PM with your info and maybe we can get together sometime on the next couple of months for a smoke.

Take care and hold your head high.

Rupe
I will be in winterset but dsm is a 30 min drive (no biggie) my dad is drake alumni so I'm very familiar with the area

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
I'm chuckling (albeit inappropriately) at your signature line right now :)

I remember when my ex-wife and I first separated. On any given day, I felt three different ways:

1. We would get back together and that made me happy
2. We would not get back together and that made me sad
3. We would not get back together and that made me happy

Number 3 was kind of rare in the early days but once that started to be the prevailing thought/emotion, I knew I had picked myself back up.

Just thought I'd toss that out there, brother.

Rating - 98.4%
90   1   0
I'm sorry to hear what your going through brother. With that being said you sound like you have a great outlook on life and you'll turn up just fine. As a great man once said " life's a garden, dig it."

Hendy

BoM Oct 08 / BoM Oct 09
Rating - 100%
575   0   0
Jed, stay strong brother. You'll rebound a stronger and better man. Experience makes a man wiser. You've got friends here to support you. Don't forget that.

The EVP

The Bully
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Sorry to hear brother.... :( It's good that you two have decided to be civil for the sake of the kids, but make sure you get a damn good attorney. Seen too many people burned by being too civil. I wish you all the best but judging from comments in post #20, you've got a very positive outlook on things (I'm the same way....as long as I wake up, it's a good day.).

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
That sucks bro, but it sounds like you've got a good perspective on it. Just hang in there and ask for help when you need it. We're still going to be here when you have time and access. It gets better.

3/5King

Shwing!
Rating - 100%
77   0   0
Jed, go enjoy the country. Home is where the heart is and for you that seams to be the country. Show those kids what the country's all about! Take care brother, hope to still see you around.