What's new

Well what do YOU shave with?

The EVP

The Bully
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Very cool... As much as I would like to shave with one of those, I'm pretty sure I'd f****** kill myself. :grin:

I use the Proglide, & King Of Shaves as a gel. KOS is great stuff. I'm pretty sensitive on the neck, & get irritated in that area pretty easily... Only way I've found that helps, is shave either in, or directly out of the shower.

Anyone who has any better recommendations on gel, feel free to share... My pansy arse neck would appreciate it. lol
I've been using shaving oil for a long time now and I love the stuff! 3 drops and a splash of water does it for me. Bottle goes for about $13 and lasts me about 2 years, but I only shave every 3 days.

TravelingJ

Banned
Rating - 100%
54   0   0
http://mamabearssoaps.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=1

That's my all time favorite soap. She (The lady's name is Sue) makes any scent you can imagine. All the soaps are fantastic.

As for cream, a good, cheap cream is from The Body Shop (in pretty much any mall) called The Body Shop For Men: Maca Root Shave Cream. Another good, cheap one that you can get from amazon is Taylor of Old Bond Street. Their Avocado is quite good.

There are tons and tons more, but that's a good place to start
Is her stuff really that good? I've been using creams for about a year (mostly TOBS Avocado and KMF Mint) so it would be my first soap purchase. It looks like she has reasonable prices and I would like to order a shave soap/cream that matches an afterhshave. Any experience with her actual soaps?

Dr. Xikar

The Knife Doctor
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
University of Mount Union, Alliance, Ohio
Is her stuff really that good? I've been using creams for about a year (mostly TOBS Avocado and KMF Mint) so it would be my first soap purchase. It looks like she has reasonable prices and I would like to order a shave soap/cream that matches an afterhshave. Any experience with her actual soaps?
It really is that good. It's probably my favorite soap and it's at a fantastic price.

what would it cost me to have you sharpen my dovo? haha
Depending on the grind of your Dovo, I'm going to guess 22$ (17 for honing, 5 for return shipping). If it's over 1/4 hollow (Close to a wedge blade) then it'll be 25.

EDIT: This also depends on the condition of the razor - Old, new, rusty, clean, dented, smooth, etc.

tkieck

Soldier of Fortune
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
only about 6 months old, Just was new with using it and kind of fouled it up, no dings or dents just dull from poor stropping and lack of understanding how to use it

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i shave with a 1930's Gillette New Ball end. in that razor i use ONLY Feather blades. i use a C&E Best Badger Brush. the soaps that i like to use most often are Mitchel's Wool Fat and Tobac.

i also have Merkur 38C (HD long handle in chrome) but i dont like the shave it gives me quite as much.