What's new

Well what do YOU shave with?

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
I always wanted to try a straight razor, seems like it may be tougher to use.

I use a Mach 3. Still best main stream razor made today in my opinion. Schick's dull to easy so I never liked them. And I don't care for the razors with like 13 blades on them.

I do got a huge box filled with Mach 3 blades. A family friend works for the company.

danthebugman

BoM Nov '10
Rating - 100%
124   0   0
When I used to shave I used a Gillete Sensor...I know right :grin:. Tried a Mach 5 once (got a sample in the mail) and hated it. Plus the blades are at least twice as much as the Sensor's. I haven't really shaved in a while, got fed up with buying blades. I think I have some disposables in a drawer in the bathroom still :dunno:. I like being a mountain man :grin:. Nice razors though :thumbsup:.

Dan

gibbleguts

BoM april 09
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
I am a big fan of straights. I try not to collect them though as have enough things to keep up on. If you are ever interested in getting rid of razors for smokes let me know.
Posted via Mobile Device

iCraig

Cigars, hockey, and beer.
Rating - 100%
69   0   0
I'm surprised by how many people use the brush and soap/cream... That alone makes a huge difference, regardless of which razor you're using.

Cheers guys,
Jeremy
Got a recommendation for soap? I use Neutrogena Men's Shave Gel currently and like it, but always open to trying new stuff.

bdc30

BoM May '11
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
When I have the time I'll use a Mach 3 along with Nivea Sensitive Shaving Cream, but the majority of my shaves these days are with my Braun electric.

I'm interested in the whole brush/cream/safety razor thing but waaaay too lazy to bother researching it. Plus as others have said I 'collect' too much crap already so best maybe if I leave shaving stuff alone.

Dr. Xikar

The Knife Doctor
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
University of Mount Union, Alliance, Ohio
Got a recommendation for soap? I use Neutrogena Men's Shave Gel currently and like it, but always open to trying new stuff.
http://mamabearssoaps.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=1

That's my all time favorite soap. She (The lady's name is Sue) makes any scent you can imagine. All the soaps are fantastic.

As for cream, a good, cheap cream is from The Body Shop (in pretty much any mall) called The Body Shop For Men: Maca Root Shave Cream. Another good, cheap one that you can get from amazon is Taylor of Old Bond Street. Their Avocado is quite good.

There are tons and tons more, but that's a good place to start

smokingIsh

BoM July '09
Rating - 100%
171   0   0
I go back and forth between my grandfather's old Gilette Fatboy and a new Edwin Jaeger 98 DE. I have two simpsons badger brushes that I rotate between creams and soaps. I have a lot of stuff I will prob never use because I went a little crazy when I first started shaving with the safety razor. Always up for trading too.

iCraig

Cigars, hockey, and beer.
Rating - 100%
69   0   0
http://mamabearssoaps.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=1

That's my all time favorite soap. She (The lady's name is Sue) makes any scent you can imagine. All the soaps are fantastic.

As for cream, a good, cheap cream is from The Body Shop (in pretty much any mall) called The Body Shop For Men: Maca Root Shave Cream. Another good, cheap one that you can get from amazon is Taylor of Old Bond Street. Their Avocado is quite good.

There are tons and tons more, but that's a good place to start
Rockin'. Thanks dude!

Dr. Xikar

The Knife Doctor
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
University of Mount Union, Alliance, Ohio
My pleasure Centex. Look through the MamaBear stuff, the lather is fantastic, and the scents are outta' this world. She even has stuff for the ladies (I turned my girlfriend onto the pearberry, Peach, and Chanel scents - She loves them and uses a brush/cream for her legs when she has the time... Now to get her to try a straight razor.... Nah)