What's new

West Virginia or bust...

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Greg:

Great move, man. You'll be living in a small community, no crime, no crap to put up with, great outdoor sports (smallie fishing, hunting, etc.). And if you want the "big city", you can be in D.C. in an hour. The best of both worlds, man. Welcome to a great state. Stay here long enough, and you'll get real protective of her (like I am). When VP Cheney made that moron remark about "I'm not even from West Virginia", I sent him an email that I'm surprised didn't result in a visit from the FBI. :angryteet

BTW, if you want some great smallie fishing, try the BWCA in northern Minnesota. I go up there every year in June with my son, and the fishing is fantastic. 3 and 4 pound smallies on a fly rod? Wow. It really is a tremendous trip, from beginning to end.

tobby4

June '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
LOL....THIS, coming from a Georgia boy?? Atlanta is a hell hole, I've been there. Hope you're enjoying it though :rofl:

You are just mad that you were not told that "she" was really a "he" until it was too late...

Soundwave13

BoM Feb 2010
Rating - 100%
143   0   0
Looks beautifull Greg!

I have limited experience in WV - mostly of the redneck variety (slightly cross-eyed, slow-speaking & oddly similar-looking folk... J/K, sort of...).

I've only gone to a few summer festivals in WV... But Harpers Ferry looks like a fairy-tale place to live, maybe retire to.

Best of luck finding your dream digs!

Greg

BoM October 2006
Rating - 100%
119   0   0
Putting an offer on a house today.

It's a well built rancher on about an acre of land, and it has hardwood floors throughout,, all new appliances, central air, and best of all, about 500 ft from the Shenandoah River in Harpers Ferry, WV.

tubaman

3 Time BoM
Rating - 100%
173   0   0
Great move, man. You'll be living in a small community, no crime, no crap to put up with, .
While I'm not familiar with the area, this is not true. There is crime in every community, just not as much because there are less people. And unless you live in the middle of nowhere, there is always crap to put up with. I grew up in a very rural area of Pennsylvania. Not a single stop light in the entire county. There was crime there and plenty of people to give us crap.

That being said, it looks like a nice town Greg, hope you enjoy it there!

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
Putting an offer on a house today.

It's a well built rancher on about an acre of land, and it has hardwood floors throughout,, all new appliances, central air, and best of all, about 500 ft from the Shenandoah River in Harpers Ferry, WV.

Excellent to here Greg, good luck with the contract. Once you move, I will no longer be able to call you Fredneck. :sadcry:

Rating - 100%
110   0   0
Sounds awesome. I for one love the features that PA, WV, and VA offer. Hell I like most of the eastern states with the mountains in them. Plus you have these cool things called seasons that some states lack.

strife

Watcher of the Sky
Rating - 100%
107   0   1
Congrats Greg, I'm considering Kentucky when I retire (closer to the bourbon).