What's new

What’s The Closest Cigar To Cubans

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I heard a couple of guys at a cigar lounge last night having a discussion about which regions cigars are closest to Cuban. On guy said Dominicans are while the other guy thought Nicaraguans are. This really peaked my curiosity. Which do you guys think is the closest?

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
I heard a couple of guys at a cigar lounge last night having a discussion about which regions cigars are closest to Cuban. On guy said Dominicans are while the other guy thought Nicaraguans are. This really peaked my curiosity. Which do you guys think is the closest?
Can't qualify it by region. What makes the difference is the blend and blender.
Most of the most cubanesque non cubans come from Nicaragua, but most Nicaraguans don't taste Cuban.
Nicaragua apparently does have the most diverse soil and leaf flavor distinctions of the major tobacco growing regions.

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
^this.

The small-rg Herrera Esteli and the OR Quesada Espana are two that I thought were legitimately cubanesque. A long time ago on a forum far, far away someone did a blind test on the Quesada and it fooled a lot of folks.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Can't qualify it by region. What makes the difference is the blend and blender.
Most of the most cubanesque non cubans come from Nicaragua, but most Nicaraguans don't taste Cuban.
Nicaragua apparently does have the most diverse soil and leaf flavor distinctions of the major tobacco growing regions.
I kind of thought the same. Talking to my friend who was with me who heard the discussion as well I said to him there isn’t a set standardized flavor profile for any region’s cigars. As you said there are differences in the blends used and even the way in which they are blended.

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
if you take them out of the tubes and put them in used cellophane, they become smokeable much faster. higher RH helps facilitate plume if you want extra credit.
Does it help if the cello is aged?

I've been saving some Rocky Patel cellos that are yellow, just in case I need them to help age some CCs.