What's new

What’s your favorite Alec Bradley and Rocky Patel smokes?

Thebutcher

testing testing.....is this thing on?
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you are the first AF smoker that I have seen say they didn't like anything in the Hemingway line.

I loved every one i have ever had.

Them and the Don Carlos are definitely my favorite AF's.

Do enjoy the 858's as well, just not one of my favorites.

Also love and smoke a fair number of various Chateau Fuente's.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
I have only been smoking for about two years, but i figured out your taste changes,I have a few singles sitting in the bottom of my humidor so ill wait and give them a fair shake in the future :cool:

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Veteran's Home of Wyoming, Buffalo, Wyoming
I'm not sure if they make it anymore, but the AB Tempus maduro is a wicked good smoke. I will also second @Jrfoxx with the Prensado.
A quick search shows they do still make the maduros. Dont believe I have ever tried one, but I have smoked a lot of the regular Tempus and always enjoyed them. Very good smokes

BrendanM

Nicofiend
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Other than 3/4 of the Java line, I have tried some 15 or so RPs. They ranged from mediocre to...what's the opposite of mediocre (somewhat good maybe).

The handful of ABs I've tried have all been good, the best being the Filthy Hooligan.

I kicked off this latest cigar craze with a Blind Faith...it tasted good but smoked worse than any of the dog rockets I usually smoke.

Probably was just too close to the humidifier in the B&M or something.

...and yeah, I know whenever someone says, "A newbie says what?" I go, "Huh?

jwintosh

BoM June 07
Rating - 100%
353   0   0
Smoked a lot of the RP 1990 and 1992 in the beginning. Tried a few others that did nothing for me. Haven't found an AB that I've liked. These are two brands I do not gravitate toward.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Smoked a lot of the RP 1990 and 1992 in the beginning. Tried a few others that did nothing for me. Haven't found an AB that I've liked. These are two brands I do not gravitate toward.
Have you tried the AB Prensado? I think they are extremely good, and many seem to agree.
If you haven't tried one you really should get a couple singles to try. They aren't very expensive and singles are easy to find.
Neptune Cigars has singles of Robustos for $9

I'm not a big RP fan either and have tried a fair number of them. The Edge is a standout for me though.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
thanks for the insight. I'll pass on the AB. not a fan of the Edge. i think i may have a few.... Send me your address and I'll look later.
No problem.
Some brands just don't do it for some people, and once you have soured on a brand, you just give up on them. Very understandable.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Haven’t had either of these in quite a while, but many moons ago I used to smoked AB Prensados and RP Vintage 2003 Cameroons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Sometime in the last decade, Rocky opened his own factory in Esteli, Tavicusa. I think the cigars from that factory rival some of the more well-regarded factories in Nicaragua like Padron, Joya de Nicaragua and Drew Estate.
Any of his anniversary lines are stellar in my opinion - Decade, Fifteenth, Twentieth and Quarter Century. He gets a lot of flack for having too many lines, but if you know what you're looking for he makes some awesome cigars!
I have less love for Alec Bradley, but there are still some gems among that brand. Tempus was the first really good cigar that they put out, but it's gone up and down over the years, much like Prensado. The new blends done in partnership with Alan's sons Alec and Bradley are all pretty good - Blind Faith and Gatekeeper especially.
And I can't say enough things about Arturo Fuente - my favorite brand. My favorites are Don Carlos, Magnum R, and also the Chateau Pyramid if you enjoy a good creamy Connecticut.