What's new

What am I doing wrong?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where in the ROK was Army ATC?
Camp Humphrey's, K16 and H208 just to name a few.

Humphrey's we had the tower and a GCA. K16 had a few tactical units and a fixed base radio for flight following. Yongsan had a nice little heliport that we would run ops out of every now and then.

I'm sure there was more, guys up in area 1 or to the far south. I'm assuming a lot has changed in the past 15 years.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Camp Humphrey's, K16 and H208 just to name a few.

Humphrey's we had the tower and a GCA. K16 had a few tactical units and a fixed base radio for flight following. Yongsan had a nice little heliport that we would run ops out of every now and then.

I'm sure there was more, guys up in area 1 or to the far south. I'm assuming a lot has changed in the past 15 years.
Ever participate in a H128 operation?

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Was that the heliport with the tunnels? We worked a location that was kinda like the Cheyenne mountain of ROK, at least that's what it looked like from the outside.
H128 was in JSA, maybe 50 meters from the North Korean border.

Funny that you've been to the one with the tunnels: I spent two years in JSA and two years at CP TANGO. Even these many years later I can't say much abut either place, but TANGO has its own Wikipedia page:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Command_Post_Tango

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
H128 was in JSA, maybe 50 meters from the North Korean border.

Funny that you've been to the one with the tunnels: I spent two years in JSA and two years at CP TANGO. Even these many years later I can't say much abut either place, but TANGO has its own Wikipedia page:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Command_Post_Tango
That's what it was cp tango.. When were you there? We also did a quick support mission up along the dmz. This was 04, a 64 went down and both didn't make it. Obviously they secured the area and did an investigation. We provide atc services in and out and in the end they used a 47 to sling load the airframe out.... Crazy stuff.

Also did the dmz tour and have the barbed wire in a frame little thing they gave out. Good times!

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
That's what it was cp tango.. When were you there? We also did a quick support mission up along the dmz. This was 04, a 64 went down and both didn't make it. Obviously they secured the area and did an investigation. We provide atc services in and out and in the end they used a 47 to sling load the airframe out.... Crazy stuff.

Also did the dmz tour and have the barbed wire in a frame little thing they gave out. Good times!
It was long, long ago - I got out in '93. My first two years in Korea were in JSA. After that I extended again and applied for a job at TANGO. (I think most soldiers are unaware that you can look for a particular job in the Army almost the same as civilians do. There were a number of former JSA at TANGO, so it was just a matter of networking to find the right guy who could pull strings.) I have been to a number of interesting places in my life, but those two are definitely at the top of the list.

I remember reading about the Apache that crashed in '04. Hellacious terrain.