What's new

What are you listening to?

Moro

BoM Decembre '08
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Gorillaz. First "Clint Eastwood" and now "19/2000". I'll probably follow up with Jamiroquai when it was still acid jazz.

Moro

BoM Decembre '08
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Incubus. By now I've heard "I Wish Ye Were Here" (yes, I miss Megan), "Talk Shows on Mute" and currently listening to "Anna Molly"

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
lately ive been listening to alot of:
Bob & Tom - the morning radio show
Drive by truckers- great southern rock except their last CD was not so good * oh if you dont know who they are you tube "bull dozers and dirt"
Dispatch- good stoner music. dont lie everyone needs alittle mellow music every now and then
Cowboy Mouth- 90s rock. They are one the best band ive ever seen live.
The Library Fire- Its a local band where im from. Check em out they are on iTunes

Hardcore

BoM April '09
Rating - 100%
148   0   0
Hatebreed, Agnostic Front, Madball, E.Town Concrete. I listen to a bit of everything. But no rap. I listen to a lot of doo wop & 50's & 60's stuff. My heart belongs to hardcore & metal. I even like a lot of country. I'd like to start getting into some good classical.

Volusianator

BoM Nov '07 & Jan '09
Rating - 93.8%
86   4   1
Judd Hoos - we see them every year in Sturgis at least 2-3 nights, they do some covers and have a lot of their own music. They flat out rock!

Rating - 100%
43   0   0
I've been listening to an eclectic mix recently:

• The Decemberists, "The Crane Wife" -- Absolutely brilliant. Quirky, anachronistic, sometimes nonsensical lyrics. This album adds '70s prog-rock to an already wide range of stylistic influences.
  • Keith Jarrett Trio, "The Cure" -- In my opinion, the best working group in jazz. Jack DeJohnette is the most musical and expressive drummer alive.
  • Ivan Moravec, "Chopin: Nocturnes" -- I don't know much about classical music, but I bought this after hearing Nocturne in E flat major Op.9, No.2 in the second season of Dexter. This is a beautiful album.
  • Murray Perahia, "Goldberg Variations" -- My dad is a Bach fanatic, so I heard this a lot around the house. I've been listening to this a lot recently.
  • Stravinsky, "The Rite of Spring" (Boulez 1963 and Markevitch 1959) -- My wife and I went to see the local symphony play Vivaldi's Four Seasons and Stravinsky's Rite of Spring. Four Seasons was mostly boring (except the summer storms), but I was transfixed by The Rite of Spring.
  • The Old 97's, "Too Far to Care" -- Great alt-country. One of my favorite bands. Unfortunately, the Old 97's last two albums (and lead singer Rhett Miller's most recent solo album) have been disappointments.
  • Jeff Buckley, "Grace" -- All of my friends were raving about this a decade ago, but I didn't get around to listening until a couple of years ago. This is an absolutely amazing debut (and unfortunately his only) album.

Electric Sheep

Dsicle - BoM Dec 06
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
[*]The Old 97's, "Too Far to Care" -- Great alt-country. One of my favorite bands. Unfortunately, the Old 97's last two albums (and lead singer Rhett Miller's most recent solo album) have been disappointments.
The Old 97's are have been "The" Local-Band-of-all-Local-Bands around Dallas for 10 or 15 years now. Very popular around these parts.

Rating - 94.5%
85   3   0
I've been listening to an eclectic mix recently:

• The Decemberists, "The Crane Wife" -- Absolutely brilliant. Quirky, anachronistic, sometimes nonsensical lyrics. This album adds '70s prog-rock to an already wide range of stylistic influences.
  • Keith Jarrett Trio, "The Cure" -- In my opinion, the best working group in jazz. Jack DeJohnette is the most musical and expressive drummer alive.
  • Ivan Moravec, "Chopin: Nocturnes" -- I don't know much about classical music, but I bought this after hearing Nocturne in E flat major Op.9, No.2 in the second season of Dexter. This is a beautiful album.
  • Murray Perahia, "Goldberg Variations" -- My dad is a Bach fanatic, so I heard this a lot around the house. I've been listening to this a lot recently.
  • Stravinsky, "The Rite of Spring" (Boulez 1963 and Markevitch 1959) -- My wife and I went to see the local symphony play Vivaldi's Four Seasons and Stravinsky's Rite of Spring. Four Seasons was mostly boring (except the summer storms), but I was transfixed by The Rite of Spring.
  • The Old 97's, "Too Far to Care" -- Great alt-country. One of my favorite bands. Unfortunately, the Old 97's last two albums (and lead singer Rhett Miller's most recent solo album) have been disappointments.
  • Jeff Buckley, "Grace" -- All of my friends were raving about this a decade ago, but I didn't get around to listening until a couple of years ago. This is an absolutely amazing debut (and unfortunately his only) album.
Discovered the Decembrists a few months back and love them. "Grace" is one of the best albums out there..period. What a great talent and absolute shame that he is no longer with us.