What's new

What are you listening to?

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Everything Metallica (except Lulu and St. Anger) :headphone:
Meh, pretty much everything after …AJFA is garbage. There are some good moments on the new album, but Jaymz ruins it with his alt-rock-hillbilly crooning. Also kirk's solos are the worst I've ever heard him pay. Yet it's still there best thing they've done in nearly 30 years.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Meh, pretty much everything after …AJFA is garbage. There are some good moments on the new album, but Jaymz ruins it with his alt-rock-hillbilly crooning. Also kirk's solos are the worst I've ever heard him pay. Yet it's still there best thing they've done in nearly 30 years.
I can kinda agree with that. I am in the generation that had the black album first though and then went back to check them out. Since that was my first taste, I can cherry pick one or two songs (at the most) from load and reload that I like. Death Magnetic was an album that did enough for me to remember how they once were. While I do like the new album in regards to lyrics, I can see where Kirk is not his 20 something self anymore but hey, are any of us? My friends and I have a theory, just look at how they write "Metallica" on the album and it will tell you if it is worth the listen.
Metallica-disography.jpg
Here we notice that Load, Reload, and St. Anger are all clearly different from the rest of the covers in regards to font for the band name. Now let's look at the last two:
lulu.jpeg
=SHIT

and:
hardwired.jpeg
We can see the font is kind of broken but close to what it once was. I like some of these new songs minus the never ending solos.
Just our little conspiracy theory. Like aliens and what not. If all else fails, I still have my favorite song: Master of Puppets.

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
I can kinda agree with that. I am in the generation that had the black album first though and then went back to check them out. Since that was my first taste, I can cherry pick one or two songs (at the most) from load and reload that I like. Death Magnetic was an album that did enough for me to remember how they once were. While I do like the new album in regards to lyrics, I can see where Kirk is not his 20 something self anymore but hey, are any of us? My friends and I have a theory, just look at how they write "Metallica" on the album and it will tell you if it is worth the listen.
View attachment 88771
Here we notice that Load, Reload, and St. Anger are all clearly different from the rest of the covers in regards to font for the band name. Now let's look at the last two:
View attachment 88772
=SHIT

and:
View attachment 88773
We can see the font is kind of broken but close to what it once was. I like some of these new songs minus the never ending solos.
Just our little conspiracy theory. Like aliens and what not. If all else fails, I still have my favorite song: Master of Puppets.
I like your theory. It works for me, especially since RtL is clearly the coolest of all the logos, and is the best album (note: i can only choose the "best" between RtL & MoP based on which one I'm listening to).

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Aerosmith - Aerosmith
Loved their first 4 albums, lukewarm thereafter.
Saw them twice in concert. First time in '76, man, they were LOUD! Second time in '78 or '79 at the Aloha Stadium, they sounded like crap.

Rating - 100%
87   0   0
I saw them w Ted Nugent, Mahogany Rush, Journey, and Aerosmith was last to play. Imo, they never should of.
The year eludes me? They played at The Meadowlands

Last edited: