What's new

What are you listening to?

BQuain

Banned
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
You can say that again, Can you believe I got the album as a joke. they were surprised that i loved it.
HAHA! That happens to me all the time. Either someone will leave a record on my doorstep or work desk from going thrift store shopping, etc. and first response is:

"Holy shit, i love this record....but i have it already!"

Can this happen with cigars at work?! COME ON! Cigars and vinyl...oh man! I love it!

B.Quain

strife

Watcher of the Sky
Rating - 100%
107   0   1
Currently, early 80's Dead...love the Brent!
Yeah, better than Keith but not quite Pigpen. Some of my favorite shows were late 60's to like 1971. Than again the acid was top notch and I was 11 when I went to my first Dead show. I guess you could say I was very impressionable! :glassesgr

BQuain

Banned
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Jay Reatard - Watch Me Fall or Blood Visions (Fun punk, who gives a rats ass music. 1,2,3,4 punk songs from a crazy nutjob, fun!!!!)
Not sure if everyone, or anyone may even care for who Jay Reatard was...i know i posted this "What Are You Listening To?" post last week, and wanted to make sure people listen to his music as Jay passed away on Weds. in his sleep.

His tour manager confirmed it for me when someone texted me they heard from a blog source, and then within 10 minutes Pitchfork and AOL had the story.

Jay's music was, for the most part, intense, honest, anthems for a slacker generation, but underlined in all of it's insanity, motivational. Music was all Jay wanted to do with having over 100 releases from more than half a dozen bands. Terror Visions, Lost Sounds, The Reatards, etc.

I was able to see Jay 4 weeks ago in Orlando and had one of the greatest garage band/punk rock shows i have seen in YEARS. His last show was New Years Eve with Spoon, and i want to thank all the bands that are supporting and honoring his music on their sites this week.

If you have the chance...listen to Jay Reatard. Blood Visions is always a good start, but there is a change in his style and his new direction in Watch Me Fall was showing the potential of Jay one day writing (if he could have gotten Steve Albini) an "In Utero."

Enjoy and Jay, you will be missed.
B.Quain

[YOUTUBE]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/dG65eqfg6bc&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/dG65eqfg6bc&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Soundwave13

BoM Feb 2010
Rating - 100%
143   0   0
Them Crooked Vultures:

Josh Homme from Queens of the Stone Age
Dave Grohl from Foo Fighters & Nirvana
John Paul Jones from Led-freakin-Zepplin

danthebugman

BoM Nov '10
Rating - 100%
124   0   0
My music player is loaded up with a big variety. Lot of country (various artists), Reel Big Fish, OC Suptertones, Relient K, Flogging Molly...

I'm probably forgetting some, there's a lot. Usually depends on my mood.

Dan