What's new

What are you listening to?

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
So what's your favorite Wiggles song? "Hot Potato"? or maybe "Fruit Salad"?

Sorry, I have a 17 month old who absolutely loves to watch the Wiggles in the morning. Glad to see someone else shares in the musical vacuum of the early am.

Ironman

Master Baby Maker-Feb BoM
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Wiggles here too, and crying!!!

I really like Maroon 5 great group!!!!

Ironman

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Oh yeah...on the normal music front, I've been listening to the new Kenny Wayne Sheppard, Groovehogs (growing in popularity), and the regular standbys of Godsmack and a few others (usually after a long day of work).

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Man, I am sooooo glad I'm past the Wiggles, Barney and other such musical "treats." Hang in there fellas. As for me, give me some jazz with lots of brass.

tripp

MASTER SHAKE
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
I wished my kids were in the wiggles phase. They are grown and in that pain in the ass but I still live at home phase.

For some reason I have been listening to some old songs by the Police , thanks Todd.

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
97X, Alternative station. It's what I hear from about 7:30-5:30 every day as I have it playing on my radio at work.

tripp

MASTER SHAKE
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
Jwrussell said:
97X, Alternative station. It's what I hear from about 7:30-5:30 every day as I have it playing on my radio at work.

97 X...the future of rock and roll...

I loved Rain Man. I lived a couple of miles away from his dads house where they picked up the Buick. Saw them filming scenes several times.

Not the same station from Oxford Ohio?

tubaman

3 Time BoM
Rating - 100%
173   0   0
sunivy said:
Man, I am sooooo glad I'm past the Wiggles, Barney and other such musical "treats." Hang in there fellas. As for me, give me some jazz with lots of brass.
Standards Jazz like Dorsey, or newer stuff?

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
tubaman said:
Standards Jazz like Dorsey, or newer stuff?
Both - like some of the big band stuff, too - Like Dorsey, Miles Davis, Goodman, Dizzy, Marsalis, Glenn Miller, Monk, etc. Was listening to Maynard scream on the way home yesterday.

geoffrie

Pappa Smurf
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
sunivy said:
As for me, give me some jazz with lots of brass.
Still in a blues phase ... been listening to Mississippi John Hurt ... he's a kin to Robert Johnson... simple acoustic guitar. and three finger picking.

For more current tunes I'm been listening to Drive By Truckers and Old Crow Medicine Show.

For great jazz with lots of brass I would recommend some Stan Kenton. A bit different but some tremendous charts... this ain't Moonlight Serenade. Maynard Ferguson got his start with him.

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
john tripp said:
97 X...the future of rock and roll...

I loved Rain Man. I lived a couple of miles away from his dads house where they picked up the Buick. Saw them filming scenes several times.

Not the same station from Oxford Ohio?
Not sure John. They don't use the "the future of rock and roll" tag, but could still be related I suppose.

Mr.OneNineDoubleDeuce

The Machine
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Currently on my cd:

Beastie Boys - "To the five boroughs"
Ja Rule - "NY, NY Remix"
Fabolous - "Breathe"
Kanye West - "Jesus Walks"
Fat Joe - "Bring'em Back"
Nas - "Thief's Theme"
T.I. - "Bring'em Out"
Kanye West - "All Falls down"
Alicia Keys - "Karma"
Usher - "Caught Up"
Ashanti - "Only You"
Mase - "Breathe, Stretch, Shake, Let it go"
50 Cent - "Candy Shop"
Snoop Dogg - " Drop it like it's hot"
50 Cent - "Disco Inferno"
The Game - "This is how we do"

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
sunivy said:
Both - like some of the big band stuff, too - Like Dorsey, Miles Davis, Goodman, Dizzy, Marsalis, Glenn Miller, Monk, etc. Was listening to Maynard scream on the way home yesterday.
Now there's a great list of players. (I haven't picked up my trumpet in a few years...maybe I should dust it off and find somewhere to play again) I've seen Maynard in concert several times, along with Tower of Power. I'm personally also a big fan of Arturo Sandoval.