What's new

What are you listening to?

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Weather Report - Black Market
Although he plays on only two cuts, Jaco Pastorius shows everyone what a talent he is (was). So sad that this genius had too many demons to overcome.

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Joe Pass - Virtuoso
Not much more can be said about this album or the artist. The best album from one of the all-time greats.

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
Your thought on CrasH Talk?
Honestly, quite disappointed. There's nothing wrong with it, but it falls flat. Oxymoron and Blank Face are two of my favorite albums of all time; combine that with the excruciating 3 year wait and it all adds up for a wildly underwhelming experience. It's good to see Q evolve, but this is not an exciting album. This seems like the all-too-common approach of superstars where they decide they want to try something new, something artsy, something "different" just for the sake of doing so and without regard for whether they should.

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Honestly, quite disappointed. There's nothing wrong with it, but it falls flat. Oxymoron and Blank Face are two of my favorite albums of all time; combine that with the excruciating 3 year wait and it all adds up for a wildly underwhelming experience. It's good to see Q evolve, but this is not an exciting album. This seems like the all-too-common approach of superstars where they decide they want to try something new, something artsy, something "different" just for the sake of doing so and without regard for whether they should.
Samezies. I keep hoping that it'll grow on me. I didn't really get Blank Face for a while, as Oxymoron was so great, I had hoped for more of the same. But over time, I started really loving it just as much.

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
Samezies. I keep hoping that it'll grow on me. I didn't really get Blank Face for a while, as Oxymoron was so great, I had hoped for more of the same. But over time, I started really loving it just as much.
I've only relistened once so far and like it marginally better. I think I understand the album more now, but I don't find it much more enjoyable.

If he could do an entire album as good as Tookie Knows Pt II, he would go down as the greatest of all time. Here's to hoping!

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Neil Young - Live Rust
Many moons ago, when I worked in a record store, one of my co-workers used to play this every time we worked together so I heard this album couple times a week. ‘Course, as a Neil fan too, I didn’t have any objections. (y)

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
After dinner smoke, out on the driveway.
Rolling Stones - Forty Licks
A while back, I took the songs and put them in chronological order. Burned a couple of discs and then completely forgot where I put them. Ran across them last weekend. I know, kinda OCD but that’s how I roll sometimes.

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
David Crosby - If Only I Could Remember My Name
I am strangely drawn to this album, maybe ‘cause the album title resembles some of my youthful activities. :happy:

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Jeff Beck - The Jeff Beck Group (aka the “Orange” album)
Been awhile since I listened to this. Not the best from Beck but I’ve always enjoyed it.