What's new

What are you listening to?

highsierrasmokin'

The battle's fought, the deed is done
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Late ‘60s - early ‘70s mixed disc of Bay Area artists and popular FM songs along with snippets of Tom Donahue and radio commercials during that time period to mimic listening to KSAN-FM.

Quicksilver Messenger Service
Steve Miller
James Gang
Joe Walsh
Little Feat
What about KFRC? Do you remember listening to Dr. Donald D. Rose in the mornings? That guy was hilarious.

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
What about KFRC? Do you remember listening to Dr. Donald D. Rose in the mornings? That guy was hilarious.
No, I’m from Hawaii but was in SF in March of ‘75 and managed to catch Donahue shortly before he died. The Bay Area FM stations were ahead of the progressive Hawaii ones so Donahue left an impression on me. This CD inspired me to put together the disc I made.

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
A mixed disc I made for our shop 10+ years ago and I have no idea what's on it. I titled it "Music For the Masses" so kinda guessing it was popular songs back then.

Edit: totally wrong on what I thought. Four songs in - Pearl Jam, Def Leppard, GNR and Aerosmith. Think I’m gonna keep this for myself.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
A mellow mixed disc with jazz and r&b vocals that I made for our shop 10+ years ago.
A few cuts in but so far Angela Bofill, Tierra, Grover Washington, Jr. with Bill Withers, and Al Jarreau...good kickback and cruise music.