What's new

What are you reading?

Rating - 100%
206   0   0
Anybody reading anything good lately?

I just finished "Between a Rock and a Hard Place" by Aron Ralston. True story about a young hiker who became trapped in a Utah canyon and how he avoided death by cutting off his own arm.

Now reading "Devils Teeth" by Susan Casey. Story of the Farallon Islands off the coast of San Francisco ... and the biologists who study the birds and the Great White sharks who roam there during the winter months.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I'm in the middle of "A Short History of Nearly Everything" by Bill Bryson. I highly recommend it. It's just what it says it is, but a whole lot more entertaining.

Boppa-Wasch

BoM March '07
Rating - 100%
65   0   0
Just finished "A Pirate Looks at 50" and " A Salty Piece of Land" by Jimmy Buffett. I am currently involved with a book by James Michener called " Caribbean"

Fox

BoM May '07
Rating - 100%
70   0   0
I'm in the middle of "A Short History of Nearly Everything" by Bill Bryson. I highly recommend it. It's just what it says it is, but a whole lot more entertaining.
"Heat Treatment, Selection and Application of Tool Steels", also by Bryson. Wonder if it is the same Bill? :dunno:

ATCDub

Lowly Civil Servant
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
A Walk in the Woods is probably my favorite Bryson but I enjoy all. A Short History... is a slight departure on his usual works but very enjoyable and informative. I should re-read that one.

Just finished David Baldacci's latest "Simple Genius", I'm a sucker for explosions and shooting of bad guys.

I'm currently reading a NF called Crashing Through. Story about a man blinded at age three who had his vision restored as an adult. Very compelling and hard to put down. Author is Robert Kurson.

Rating - 100%
57   0   0
Uncommon Grounds: The History Of Coffee And How It Transformed Our World

I know. I'm sick. It's a disease. But hopefully it keeps me supplying you with good coffee! The more I know, the better.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I'm currently reading a NF called Crashing Through. Story about a man blinded at age three who had his vision restored as an adult. Very compelling and hard to put down. Author is Robert Kurson.
That sounds really, really incredible. I'm going to have to put it on my Amazon wishlist.

tobby4

June '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
Vodka, by Starling maybe.. about the fall of the USSR and the rise of Russia

also reading some Stephen King book..

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Just finished "The Jokes Over" by Ralph Steadman on his experiences with the Late Hunter S. Thompson. Pretty good read, I think it was Ralph's way of dealing with the abrupt end of his good friends life.

Next up is "Rant" by Chuck Palahniuk. He wrote Fight Club and all his books are great reads. Can't wait to read this one as well. Probably my favourite fiction author.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I just finished a Kiss Gone Bad by Jeff Abbott -- it is the first in a mystery series about a judge in Texas.

I'm getting ready to start The Hunters by WEB Griffin.

While I really like thrillers, I also like some of the military intrigue fiction by Griffin . Can anybody recommend an author that writes similar books, especially series?

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
"Paths of Darkness" Collectors Edition by RA Salvatore.

It is four books in one...

The Silent Blade
Spine of the World
Servant of the Shard
Sea of Swords

I first started reading RA Salvatore back in 1990 with the first of the Drzzt Do'Urden books, "Crystal Shard".

Since then the series has spanned more then a doazen books. Most of which I have read multiple times.