What's new

What are you reading

Rating - 100%
59   0   0
Magicians of the Gods: The Forgotten Wisdom of Earth's Lost Civilization. By Graham Hancock.

Follow up book to Fingerprints of the Gods, which blew my mind. If you can handle parts of a book that are 20 pages of monotony to prove a very interesting point, I recommend it. Just starting this second book.
Graham's quite a character! Read that one back in HS. I was fascinated. It piqued my interest in Egyptology in general, which I still enjoy. (I have The Eye of Horus tattooed on the top of my spine.) You're right in that some parts can be extremely dry, but the theme kept me going. However, it was more interesting before the Mayan Calendar ended...

I'm currently reading David Baldacci's Camel Club.
I read his book The Sign & The Seal about the Ark of the Covenant. I don't really get into the ancient aliens thing, I find it interesting just not my bag, but I did really get into the Templar Knights theories after reading Umberto Eco's thriller Foucault's Pendulum. That lead me to Holy Blood, Holy Grail, which was mesmerizing, and I started voraciously reading everything on them I could find for a while. This was waaay before the DaVinci Code exploded.
Sign & Seal was just okay, and didn't really lead me into reading any of his other works.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Just finished Dostoyevsky's "Notes from Underground." Reading some critical work on it now.

bostoneo

The Chosen One
Rating - 100%
400   0   0
Halfway through
The Compleat Meadmaker : Home Production of Honey Wine From Your First Batch to Award-winning Fruit and Herb Variations

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
i found an old post on this, but it hasn't been used in a long time, so thought I'd start a new one.
I've always enjoyed reading and have found that reading while smoking a good cigar is a great way to relax and enjoy an hour or two.
I'm a big Stephen King fan, but my favorite book of all time is Alas, Baylon by Pat Frank.
I'm currently reading On the Road by Jack Kerouac. I actually saw someone on the forum was reading it, so picked up a copy.

What are you reading?
I just finished Stephen King's Mr. Mercedes trilogy and then took my family up to The Ryman in Nashville to hear him talk about his writing a few weeks ago. It was fun hearing him talk about how he got ideas for some of his older books.
image.png

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I have three more Jack Reacher books and then I am done with the whole series. I teach literature all year so when summer comes around I like something not so cerebral. It's kind of like eating pop tarts after a prime rib dinner. But what the hell, I like pop tarts. The new Tom Clancy/Mark Greeney comes out soon. I'll read that next.

squaresoft

It's dangerous to go alone, take this.
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
just finished a book called Dawn of Wonder: The Wakening that was really great. one of the best new fantasy books that I've read in quite some time.

Rating - 100%
71   0   0
Just started The Lost Cathedral by Rick Jones. It's a part of his Vatican Knights series I thought I was up to date on. Pretty good stories about a paramilitary group that works for the Pope.

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I was just on vacation and watched "Enders Game" on tv one night. I downloaded the book to my Kindle app and read it while sitting on the beach.
The Movie sucked after reading the book, which is the usual case.
Then I grabbed free book, "Enemy of Man" by Scott Moon and I'm reading that now. It's so so. Sci-Fi with an original twist but the writing is on the juvenile side.