What's new

What are You Spinning?

highsierrasmokin'

The battle's fought, the deed is done
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Cigars and vinyl...2 of my favorite things. Besides collectors it looks like there's a couple Dj's on here too. I've been djing for 28 years, mostly playing hip hop, house, drum and bass, etc. I love everything from Frank Sinatra to The Misfits to Hank Williams to Enya. All styles all smiles. My Technics and all my vinyl is packed away in shipping containers while I build my house, so Ive been reduced to using the DJay2 app on 2 different iPads. Its a pain in the ass, but at least I'm mixing. Maybe we should start a thread for those of us that are into Hip Hop and genres of electronic music?

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Cigars and vinyl...2 of my favorite things. Besides collectors it looks like there's a couple Dj's on here too. I've been djing for 28 years, mostly playing hip hop, house, drum and bass, etc. I love everything from Frank Sinatra to The Misfits to Hank Williams to Enya. All styles all smiles. My Technics and all my vinyl is packed away in shipping containers while I build my house, so Ive been reduced to using the DJay2 app on 2 different iPads. Its a pain in the ass, but at least I'm mixing. Maybe we should start a thread for those of us that are into Hip Hop and genres of electronic music?
I missed this post before, but nice to have another hiphopper aboard! Although I think hip hop is more how I identify as a person, I might enjoy playing house music a little more sometimes. Especially all the old Chicago house classics and whatnot. Also I have fully embraced the digital DJ revolution after my 1200s got stolen a couple years ago. Now using a Numark NS7iii which is a lot of fun.

highsierrasmokin'

The battle's fought, the deed is done
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
If you are into jazz you should check these Blue Note Tone Poet series reissues. The quality of the vinyl and the jackets are outstanding. The guy that did all the Music Matters Vinyl audiophile records was hired by Blue Note to head up this project using analog master recordings that were not originally released by Blue Note. Price is right as well.IMG_7563.jpg

IMG_7568.jpg