What's new

What brands to avoid.

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
Imo, focus on what you enjoy rather than do not. If you find a profile you like look over the reviews from reviewers you seem to share similar preference with and you'll have better luck finding sticks that hit the mark with you. .02
Bingo.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
the RyJ used to be one of my favorites until the cigar craze starting in the late 80's when they started rushing their product to market. Go to a B&M and buy a variety of cigars - then you can make the decision. I have found that whether or not you enjoy a cigar can be influenced by various factors (food, drink, atmosphere) so I usually buy 2 or 3.

the only kind of cigars I avoid are the flavored cigars.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm not a big fan of most of the 601 stuff but the 601 La Bomba is GREAT!! I can't say that I've written off any brand. BUt I can't do flavored smokes with the exception of the rare breakfast coffee cigar.

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
I'm not a big fan of most of the 601 stuff but the 601 La Bomba is GREAT!!
Im exactly the opposite lol...

I enjoy the red, blue, and gold 601's.. and think the greens are ok too.... but dont like the la bomba at all (and I am normally a fan of full body smokes)...

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know everyone's taste are different, but which brands do you avoid? I'm new to cigars but I highly dislike RP, Gurkha, RyJ. What are your brands. I only ask because there are so many brands and they look and sound great but are just crap and I'm trying to avoid those as well.
Surrogates Tramp Stamp, most EP Carrillo, most Gurkha, most Alec Bradley, My Father

BrittS88

Banned
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Some friends recommended the Nat Cicco Rejects line. Avoid these at all costs I have had 5 they all were horrible. I also dont like the padron 2000. ( love the other padrons I've had just not the 2000's) I dont care for the Acid wafe or kuba kuba. But like so many before me have said its all on your taste. I personally love the Gurkha Evil, Black Dragon, and Legend. Most of the Aleck Bradleys I've had, while not spectacular were fairly good. To each his own.

cgraunke

BoM March '14
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
Spring strong sweet tall green grass grow...
+1 on the comments to try 2 before you decide.
I know I'm a newbie here as well, but I've gotten in the habit of always buying 2-3 of each sampler pack I pick up so I can give each stick a couple tries. So many factors can affect how you remember the experience so I don't want to write something off prematurely.

Tobacco Giant

Conn. Broadleaf Slayer
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
I'll add that a lot of times if you can find something that you like that doesn't get a lot of love on the forums, it can probably be purchased at steep discounts meaning you found a very affordable every day smoke. I love the 601 blues and reds which can be had for very cheap! The same deals on tats and ligas are very few and far between, some times non existent.

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
I wouldn't normally tell anyone to avoid a cigar, but I smoked a Cuban Rounds a few months ago, and it was the worst thing I've ever had in my mouth.

Well, except for that one time, but I was in college, and drunk, and roofied... err, nevermind.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll add that a lot of times if you can find something that you like that doesn't get a lot of love on the forums, it can probably be purchased at steep discounts meaning you found a very affordable every day smoke. I love the 601 blues and reds which can be had for very cheap! The same deals on tats and ligas are very few and far between, some times non existent.
601 blues gets a lot of love on other forums but don't see what the hype is myself

Rating - 100%
59   0   0
Well said, I'll smoke anything once for the most part and usually twice just to make sure my palette or hydration levels weren't off. But if after that they still suck, your not getting any of my money. The only thing I do dislike though is brands that just continue to pump out stick after stick and they are all but mehh. But one mans palette is another mans distaste.