What's new

What CC you smoking?

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Veteran's Home of Wyoming, Buffalo, Wyoming
1998 Punch Super Selection No.2
Extremely tasty except for some bitterness in the aftertaste , but it wasn't bad enough to ruin the experience, just a little disappointing.
Perfect burn, draw and construction

Hopefully the second one I have that was also generously gifted doesn't have the bitterness.

Wish these were still in production. I liked the dimensions of the vitola and think they would be pretty tasty even young.

Discontinued in 2002 though, so likely the 2 I have will be the only ones I ever get to smoke

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Havanaaddict

Mr. Salomones
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
1998 Punch Super Selection No.2
Extremely tasty except for some bitterness in the aftertaste , but it wasn't bad enough to ruin the experience, just a little disappointing.
Perfect burn, draw and construction

Hopefully the second one I have that was also generously gifted doesn't have the bitterness.

Wish these were still in production. I liked the dimensions of the vitola and think they would be pretty tasty even young.

Discontinued in 2002 though, so likely the 2 I have will be the only ones I ever get to smoke

Hey bud I think they may have miss informed you on that cigar! The Punch Super Selection No.2 only came in a 50 Cab with no bands. There are (4) Punch cigars that are the same size. So my best guess is that's a Punch Punch or a Punch Royal Selection No.11 or even a Punch Black Prince. Not trying to be a know it all I just don't want you to think that is what a Punch Super Selection No.2 is about. The Punch Super Selection No.2 is one of my favorite Punch and is one of the sweetest and richest Punch. If the cigar had a box press to it probably a Punch Punch or Punch Black Prince. If it was full round it could still be a Punch Punch as they did come in 50 cabs or a Punch Royal Selection No.11.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Trinidad Vigia

Granted, only my second one of these, the other having been smoked about a year ago, but these just aren't for me.

Both tasted only like bitter tobacco and nothing else, burned fast even at a relaxed smoking pace, and aren't exactly cheap.

Excellent burn,draw and construction on both, but being so quick and the taste just isn't for me.

Odd, since I have loved every other Trinidad I have had, but will just stick with them instead

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey bud I think they may have miss informed you on that cigar! The Punch Super Selection No.2 only came in a 50 Cab with no bands. There are (4) Punch cigars that are the same size. So my best guess is that's a Punch Punch or a Punch Royal Selection No.11 or even a Punch Black Prince. Not trying to be a know it all I just don't want you to think that is what a Punch Super Selection No.2 is about. The Punch Super Selection No.2 is one of my favorite Punch and is one of the sweetest and richest Punch. If the cigar had a box press to it probably a Punch Punch or Punch Black Prince. If it was full round it could still be a Punch Punch as they did come in 50 cabs or a Punch Royal Selection No.11.
Someone on another forum also suggested that it wasn't actually an SS2 from 1998, but an SS1.

Looked them up on cubancigarwebsite.com, and the SS2 never had bands, and the SS1 didnt have them prior to 2005

So, now I'm pretty confused on exactly what it is. I'm leaning towards it being an SS1, and later than 2005, not 1998

Have unfortunately been unable to track down through my pm's who I got it from to ask about it.

Definitely not a punch punch though, as I have 2 of the unbanded ones from supposedly from 1998 also.

I have bought, traded or been gifted so many cigars the last month that I can't remember where I got what without digging through a massive amount of pm's,
And i tried to search for who sent them to me to ask about them