What's new

What CC you smoking?

Havanaaddict

Mr. Salomones
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Hey bud I think they may have miss informed you on that cigar! The Punch Super Selection No.2 only came in a 50 Cab with no bands. There are (4) Punch cigars that are the same size. So my best guess is that's a Punch Punch or a Punch Royal Selection No.11 or even a Punch Black Prince. Not trying to be a know it all I just don't want you to think that is what a Punch Super Selection No.2 is about. The Punch Super Selection No.2 is one of my favorite Punch and is one of the sweetest and richest Punch. If the cigar had a box press to it probably a Punch Punch or Punch Black Prince. If it was full round it could still be a Punch Punch as they did come in 50 cabs or a Punch Royal Selection No.11.
Someone on another forum also suggested that it wasn't actually an SS2 from 1998, but an SS1.

Looked them up on cubancigarwebsite.com, and the SS2 never had bands, and the SS1 didnt have them prior to 2005

So, now I'm pretty confused on exactly what it is. I'm leaning towards it being an SS1, and later than 2005, not 1998

Have unfortunately been unable to track down through my pm's who I got it from to ask about it.

Definitely not a punch punch though, as I have 2 of the unbanded ones from supposedly from 1998 also.

I have bought, traded or been gifted so many cigars the last month that I can't remember where I got what without digging through a massive amount of pm's,
And i tried to search for who sent them to me to ask about them

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
LOL it is easy to get confused in the cigar size world! If it was an SS1 you would know it as its 42 x (6⅛″) vs 46 x (5⅝″) probably not a Punch Black Prince as they are fairly rare. That leaves Punch Punch or a Punch Royal Selection No.11, you don't think its a Punch Punch as you have had one from a Cab. But I can tell you that they can taste different from a dress box to a cab. Another clue in the cigar detective world "shape" is it box pressed (square shape flat all sides) or is it round? If it is real from 98' the only one it could be would be a Punch Punch from a dress box as it is the only Punch in the Coronas Gordas size if it is a 46 x (5⅝″) thats what the pic looks like but hard to tell ring gage from a pic. If it is a 42 x (5⅝″) then were screwed :joyful: Not really if it is 42 x (5⅝″) is a Coronas and would be a 98' Punch Coronas!!!

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Veteran's Home of Wyoming, Buffalo, Wyoming
Montecristo Linea 1935 Dumas

Excellent draw and construction. Burn was a bit off the entire time in spite of attempts to correct it.

Nearly invisible seams and only a few very small, thin veins.

Very tasty, and mellow and smooth, but I don't really feel the price for them is justified for me.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Veteran's Home of Wyoming, Buffalo, Wyoming
'14 PSD4

Same great taste as recent production, but a bit smoother and more subtle.

Definitely very tasty, and great burn,draw and construction. Also nearly invisible seams and only a couple very small, thin veins.

Curious how much difference there will be with the 2008 I was also generously gifted.