What's new

What CC you smoking?

Havanaaddict

Mr. Salomones
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Yeah, that's pretty much what I've heard from a number of people. Just looking to expand my horizons a little in the cc world so figured I would get some and see how it goes.

At this point I have pretty much tried everything I could find as singles (I am just now getting set up for boxes after 10 years of buying only singles, 3,4,and and 5packs).

LE's may be next on the list but not sure as they tend to be pretty expensive and not necessarily worth the money often from what I've heard

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
I would definitely start with some singles or a mixed pack ER's there are a few stand out's but they have shot up in cost.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Veteran's Home of Wyoming, Buffalo, Wyoming
'14 PSD5

Very tasty and seemingly good draw,burn and construction, but this one was just nothing but trouble.

Draw was fine, but even at a faster pace than usual, it took 3 good puffs to get it to produce any smoke, which there was plenty of on the third puff.

This problem began immediately after lightning, and lasted throughout the entire time.

Also, the smoke was just hot, also staring immediately and lasting the entire smoke.

Basically, kept acting like it wanted to go out.

Has been in my tupperdoor for several months at 65% which I keep all my smokes at, and have never had any problems until this one.

I'm stumped on what the problem was, but it was bad enough that I put it out after only half as there was just no pleasure in it with the problems.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
H. Upmann Majestic

Very tasty. A little on the stronger side taste wise, which I enjoyed .

Good draw, decent burn, only a little off, but no big deal and decent construction, as the wrapper peeled a bit.

Overall a pretty decent smoke for the price

Havanaaddict

Mr. Salomones
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
'14 PSD5

Very tasty and seemingly good draw,burn and construction, but this one was just nothing but trouble.

Draw was fine, but even at a faster pace than usual, it took 3 good puffs to get it to produce any smoke, which there was plenty of on the third puff.

This problem began immediately after lightning, and lasted throughout the entire time.

Also, the smoke was just hot, also staring immediately and lasting the entire smoke.

Basically, kept acting like it wanted to go out.

Has been in my tupperdoor for several months at 65% which I keep all my smokes at, and have never had any problems until this one.

I'm stumped on what the problem was, but it was bad enough that I put it out after only half as there was just no pleasure in it with the problems.

I know you say you had it in tupperdoor for several months at 65% (do you have any type of humidity gauge in with them) The way you are describing how the cigar smoked it sounds like it was over humidified!

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I know you say you had it in tupperdoor for several months at 65% (do you have any type of humidity gauge in with them) The way you are describing how the cigar smoked it sounds like it was over humidified!
@Havanaaddict

Yes, that's exactly what it seemed like but my rh in every tupperdoor is 65% plus or minus only 1 percent and each of them has a hygrometer, even though the bovadas and containers are perfect and I don't really even know why I bother with them.

Many Cigars from the same tupperdoor have been just fine. This was the first time one acted like it was over humidified for some reason. And the temperature is steady at 68 degrees plus or minus only 2 degrees

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Montecristo Open Regata

Tasty as always, and perfect draw,burn and construction.
I have been far more impressed with the consistency in Montecristos than with the Cohibas I have bought, in spite of Cohiba being Cuba's flagship company and most expensive

I never have trouble with Cohiba’s from authorized stores…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
PLMC

Extremely tasty as always and perfect burn. Had an insanely tight draw when I tested it so ran my Modus though a few times to open it up, but got crooked on the last one and punched through the side.

Even after using a butt load of glue it still leaked too badly to smoke, so had to cut it in half at the puncture and smoke it as 2 halves,lol

After that, draw and construction were perfect

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I never have trouble with Cohiba’s from authorized stores…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I really haven't had many issues either really other than the occasional tight draw on a Siglo II, and a couple bland CoRos.

All from authorized vendors.

Just never had problems with any Montecristos

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
HURR with thanks to @GoBison

Sent from my iPhone using that Tapatalk Thingy
@Rupe

What do you think of the HURR's?

These are on my short list of ones to try.
Have never been able to find singles in stock anywhere for quite a while.

Will have to get some in a private sale on another forum in a while after I have replenished my stock a little.

They seem to get consistently good reviews but don't see them show up very often