What's new

What CC you smoking?

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Huhc View attachment 102099
Good, but not meeting expectations.. Very reminiscent of an NC I've had recently.. :/ Guess I should drop these in the bottom and forget about them for a while?
In all fairness it may have been a curivari, so that may be more a positive on curivari part than a negative on Upmann....
Yes, i had a young one too. Put my other 4 down. This is one that needs time for sure
That's my thought. Though I can't rule out that it could have been my palate this morning, or maybe just my palate preference. To me the party short was better by a mile.
I burned through a box of late '16 production during the summer, thought they were quite enjoyable. Maybe new stock is off.
I wonder. Or maybe it's just me. :/
HUpmann Noellas with thanks to @Jay_Habanos typical Upmann flavor with a bit of spicy finish.
And maybe that's it, spicy isn't really my thing, so maybe Upmann aren't for me? Do most Upmann have a similar flavor profile? I had wanted to try the mag 46, connesour, and majestic, are the similar in flavor?
What do y'all think?
@Jay_Habanos, are Upmann just some that absolutely need some rest and aging, or is it me?

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
@Glassman
It just depends on the vitola with H. Upmann. Mag 50 is, IMO, excellent young. Sir Winstons, not so much young, but excellent with age. I'm also not a fan of HUHC or the noellas.

Rating - 100%
38   0   0
In all fairness it may have been a curivari, so that may be more a positive on curivari part than a negative on Upmann....

That's my thought. Though I can't rule out that it could have been my palate this morning, or maybe just my palate preference. To me the party short was better by a mile.

I wonder. Or maybe it's just me. :/

And maybe that's it, spicy isn't really my thing, so maybe Upmann aren't for me? Do most Upmann have a similar flavor profile? I had wanted to try the mag 46, connesour, and majestic, are the similar in flavor?
What do y'all think?
@Jay_Habanos, are Upmann just some that absolutely need some rest and aging, or is it me?
Some need more aging than others. It seems to me the more tobacco the more aging required. Example- Double Coronas some need a while to mature. But some of the "baby" Habanos are ready much sooner

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
@Glassman
It just depends on the vitola with H. Upmann. Mag 50 is, IMO, excellent young. Sir Winstons, not so much young, but excellent with age. I'm also not a fan of HUHC or the noellas.
Interesting, Good to know. Thanks. I'll stick with the party shorts for now.
Maybe we have similar palate preferences.. What other Habanos do you like / dislike?

Rating - 100%
38   0   0
Yeah, i think these are even later than that, but they're pretty great. Especially in the first half. For some reason I can imagine them being even better 6 months or more from now.
Here's the thing Habanos like the Specially Selected when aged properly get better in the 2nd half! The flavor intensifies and becomes better without being harsh like a cheap yard gar. That's why they are so easy to NUB!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk