What's new

What CC you smoking?

Rating - 100%
38   0   0
So, in general, things from around '09 - '11, would they be at their peak, or beginning to decline?
I don't know when there would a decline. In general 5 years should be close to full maturity

I have had Vintage 5-10 years
And 15+ years and I saw no decline

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
How'd that SLR smoke?
Got this one as part of a bomb from an inactive brother from another mother (board).

Lonsdale 1999- Hay, cedar & floral cuban tobacco aroma. Touch of salt and paper bag cold draw. Head is rock hard. 1st-buttery smooth mild tobacco, almond, leather, light earth, subtle twang and the faintest spice adds depth and interest. The SLR profile is there but almost completely faded. Even a touch of sweet plum lingering in the background. Surprising for a near 20 year old cigar. Firm draw, wispy smoke, great burn, ash reveals a solid cone. Head has warmed up and is now more pliable. 2nd- very mild smoke, consistent with 1st, more floral, borderline perfumey toward the band. Good smoke but didn't blow my mind. 1:15min Mild 22/30

Some people go gaga over the subtle, smooth profile of super aged sticks, which is what? like 20+? I get it, I really do but personally would prefer Habanos in the 5-10yr mark with a more pronounced profile. Great morning cigar though.

Hope all is well dude.

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
So, in general, things from around '09 - '11, would they be at their peak, or beginning to decline?
Depends on seed varietal, harvest and line (EL, Regional, GR...) Also some blends have changed over the years, see the Boli Finos post 2008.

According to Min Ron
1st Maturation
1st Vacuum Period​
2nd Maturation
2nd Vacuum Period​
3rd Maturation

Some random graph some dude made...

This assumes perfect storage conditions with minimal loss to sensorial qualities. I also think it relates more specifically to early El Corojo leaf and less to Habana 2000, Criollo 2006 and Capero used today.

For me, the best Habanos Ive had have been 5-10 yrs old. Really just seems to be the peak for modern blends.

In 2016 Corojo was brought back into blends with Corojo 2006 and Corojo 2012. I suspect it was tested earlier than that in some releases. Partagas Privada EL as an example.