What's new

What cigar brand/line and their releases is most confusing to you?

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
To me, it's LFD and Illusione (of the brands I like).
So many releases, not enough info on which is coming out when or what each is aimed at.
Leaves me if not confused then at least not willing to delve into the research necessary to find out details. With Illusione in particular, the similarity of the bands makes it hard to differentiate. With LFD, its the inconsistency of the product with such similar names scares me off from trying new (to me) stuff.
I'll make the occasional foray but do it with a lot less assurance than I do with other brands.

Rating - 100%
39   0   0
... With Illusione in particular, the similarity of the bands makes it hard to differentiate....
illusione is one of my favorite NC marcas. they age very well.
the bands DO have a name printed on it. being able to read really helps in that respect. if the similarity in bands is THAT much of a deal breaker, life is gonna be tough....

Rating - 100%
1   0   0

illusione is one of my favorite NC marcas. they age very well.
the bands DO have a name printed on it. being able to read really helps in that respect. if the similarity in bands is THAT much of a deal breaker, life is gonna be tough....
Perhaps I am mistaken on the band. Tough crown here.

Anyway, the subject was for discussion, not my particular examples.

Rating - 100%
39   0   0
okay... lemme try this again, but without my usual jackassery.
one of @bostoneo 's favorite brands - LFD - is very consistent, imho. for example, each la nox that i have smoked is exactly like the previous la nox that i have smoked. every litto gomez that i smoke is like the previous, etc. they do have a large portfolio, so it is understandable that it can be daunting to try and get through all the smokes they have. if your "inconsistency" comment is from one LFD line to the next, maybe you are trying them from different ends of the spectrum? let us know which ones you have liked (and which ones you didnt) and we might be able to steer you towards the cigars that have a similar profile.

as for illusione, i feel like they are the red-headed stepchild - i think they are very much overlooked. Since other brands make a bigger "splash" with their new lineups, ppl tend to want to be the first to review those smokes (or at least add their 2 cents to the discussion). that makes it hard to find actual reviews on illusione's cigars. most of what i hear about illusione is along the lines of "...illusione? rothschild. one of the better short smokes".

my advice? just grab one and smoke it. you should be the judge as to if it is a good smoke or not. dont let a review from some guy you've never met steer your opinion towards or away from a cigar.

good luck!

Rating - 100%
59   0   0
I too am a big Illusione fan. The only thing I find frustrating about them is their availability.

Fuente is a brand I could get more into if I knew what it was I was smoking. Outside of Opus and Anejos, most everything else uses the same band and can be somewhat confusing. I have several in the humidor now that have been gifted to me that I have absolutely no idea what they are for certain.

OleVaSmoker

Leafman
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it makes you feel any better I have avoided the whole Ghurka line because of the reasons you listed. Adding to that, reading many people state that Ghurkas listed as med/full are mild at best and vice versa. It makes things a bit uninteresting to me really. One day I may take a gamble and see what happens but for now, no thanks.

HIM*

Closer To The Sun
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Tatuaje can get confusing but the info on their website is pretty helpful. Its usually little differences though like the Havana VI Verocu in the Red Label being broadleaf, or the Reservas mostly being broadleaf while the regular Brown label comes wrapped in Ecuadorian Habano or Corojo 99 depending on vitola, Avions being a special vitola of the Fausto blend, etc.

squaresoft

It's dangerous to go alone, take this.
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
i agree that illusione and tat are confusing as balls. Even though I love both brands and have taken alot of time to figure them out now it was really bad at first.

The whole "necessary documents" thing at illusione is really confusing if you ask me, there are tons of vitolas all with a name, and some with a "nickname" (ie: f9 "finesse" or cg4 "white horse") which are all the same line, but then there are some like ultra that seem like theyre part of the ND core line but have multiple vitolas in just their own grouping etc. etc. and their website is a pain as well. Anyway the main thing is that if the band is white/black is natural and if its burgundy/gold its maduro in their core line. aside from that...Ultra is white/black, cruzado is black/silver/gold, Fume d'amour is Red/cream, Epernay and eccj are white/gold, haut10 is silver/black, singulaire is white/silver, garagiste is brown/cream, and cigars privee are navy/white

...CONFUSING