What's new

What Coffees Are You Drinking?

Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Rwanda beans used for today's espresso...

Wife said it was great and I agree!

What machine do you use?

Would love to hear from others too. I think I'm going to go with a Gaggia Classic, mostly because I don't want to drop anymore coin on one that that. But curious to see what others have and are getting acceptable results from.

sofc

I hate E and Chef
Rating - 100%
276   0   0
Rating - 94.7%
20   1   0
What are the specific differences in a high $ espresso maker like that one and one that is sub $100?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
What are the specific differences in a high $ espresso maker like that one and one that is sub $100?

some of the differences are, in the higher end machines they may have dual boilers allowing you to steam milk and brew the coffee at the same time, allows for faster recovery times between shots. Most lower end machines use pressurized portafilters. That means, instead of using the resistance of the coffee puck to create pressure, the coffee is simply forced through a small opening in the portafilter to make the pressure (hope that made sense).

Rating - 94.7%
20   1   0
some of the differences are, in the higher end machines they may have dual boilers allowing you to steam milk and brew the coffee at the same time, allows for faster recovery times between shots. Most lower end machines use pressurized portafilters. That means, instead of using the resistance of the coffee puck to create pressure, the coffee is simply forced through a small opening in the portafilter to make the pressure (hope that made sense).
So as far as the taste of the espresso goes, what does the different ways of pressurizing do?

sofc

I hate E and Chef
Rating - 100%
276   0   0
I said high $, and no matter if there are $6k ones, $800 is still high $...

Agreed, I didn't spend that much.

Here's what I know:
1. This one grinds the beans
2. Packs the coffee
3. Has enough pressure to make decent espresso (the nicer machines have better pressure thingies -that's a technical term)
4. and most importantly, any of my kids can put a cup under it and press the button to make it work. :)

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I have never had espresso from a pressurized portafilter so I cant really speak from personal experience. But they are more forgiving as far as grind size/consistancy and tamp pressure go so the are easier to use.

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Asked the wife to think of a creative future name for my first roast. Her response, "how about Sucks Ass". So with those words of encouragement, here goes nothing.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
So, I see that this was almost a month ago n I may be late to the party...did ur first roast exceed ur wife's expectations?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
18   0   0
So, I see that this was almost a month ago n I may be late to the party...did ur first roast exceed ur wife's expectations?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Unfortunately it did not. Lol. Took 3 tries but I got it. Sucks Ass does not suck ass anymore.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk