What's new

What did you shoot today?

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Looks like a good place to shoot. I am yet to own an AR. Hmmm!
For sure! Worked on that range for a long time to get it right.

Oh they're loads of fun. I used to be a dedicated AK guy, and I still love them, but a (good) AR is fantastic. I've been really lucky how well the ones I've assembled have turned out.

Though the first barrel I bought for that build was crap. Had to replace it pretty quickly.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
For sure! Worked on that ran for a long time to get it right.

Oh they're loads of fun. I used to be a dedicated AK guy, and I still love them, but a (good) AR is fantastic. I've been really lucky how well the ones I've assembled have turned out.

Though the first barrel I bought for that build was crap. Had to replace it pretty quickly.
I have shot several AK's and they are a lot of fun. My son has 3 of them and a shooting buddy has 2.
I seem to be more of a sniper, slowly squeezing off single shots off a bench with a front bag. It takes me quite a while to shoot up a box of 50. I don't think I could afford ammo in an AR as I know I would likely go Rambo.

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
I have shot several AK's and they are a lot of fun. My son has 3 of them and a shooting buddy has 2.
I seem to be more of a sniper, slowly squeezing off single shots off a bench with a front bag. It takes me quite a while to shoot up a box of 50. I don't think I could afford ammo in an AR as I know I would likely go Rambo.
Hahaha, I rarely do mag dumps. Even with ak's or Ar's. Just feels wasteful and too hard on the ammo budget / means too much time at the reloading bench.
I mostly shoot for accuracy even with those. But I will run some skill drills.

Rating - 100%
37   0   0
Picked this up yesterday at a price I couldn’t pass up. Put it together yesterday & been sighting it in & shooting some this morning. I’ve never owned one myself but have shot & hunted with several that were owned by friends. I’d call this a good starter bow but at only 245fps, it drops off significantly after 40 yards, unlike some of the nicer stronger ones I’ve used. Still a cool toy for what I’ve got in it & plenty accurate & strong enough to hunt if you don’t takes shots over 40.
BA47A81F-0EF2-4070-AF89-73CC79175FD9.jpeg F89C744A-8DB8-451D-A909-D8FAE2025755.jpeg

Rating - 100%
37   0   0
I hunted in the rain yesterday morning & had some issues with the lenses in my scope getting wet/fogging up. I decided to go get myself a brush gun with iron sights for the wet weather days. So I picked up a mossberg 464 on sale. Took it to the range at work today, got it sighted in, & ran a few rounds through it. These things had some horrible reviews but many said they had fixed some of the issues on the newer models. For $330 I took a chance with it. I ran two boxes of shells through it today with zero issues. I’m pretty happy with.
8DE5263D-1D23-4D33-8BB8-C774DFF176D2.jpeg

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
I hunted in the rain yesterday morning & had some issues with the lenses in my scope getting wet/fogging up. I decided to go get myself a brush gun with iron sights for the wet weather days. So I picked up a mossberg 464 on sale. Took it to the range at work today, got it sighted in, & ran a few rounds through it. These things had some horrible reviews but many said they had fixed some of the issues on the newer models. For $330 I took a chance with it. I ran two boxes of shells through it today with zero issues. I’m pretty happy with.
View attachment 129331
Is that a 30-30?

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Depends on what part of AL your in. Around here in some of the north, they're just starting to go into rut. That's why they extended the season til Feb 10th.
I never realized there was such a difference in the rut in N. AL and SW Missouri. Our deer usually rut in November. I imagine most of our bucks have shed.
If a guy had the money and time to travel, be could deer hunt for several months.

Rating - 100%
37   0   0
I never realized there was such a difference in the rut in N. AL and SW Missouri. Our deer usually rut in November. I imagine most of our bucks have shed.
If a guy had the money and time to travel, be could deer hunt for several months.
Our bow season opens Oct. 15, then muzzle loader Nov 12th, & gun Nov 17. But that's for my zone. I'm in C. Alabama is split into A, B, & C with different days & regulations for each.

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
So great to spend time with the kids out on the range!
They noticed it was nice and asked if we could break out the 22's..
20190128_170357.jpg I really need to clean this dang can or its gonna get fused up... :/
20190128_171942.jpg
Little guy got the most practice he's had yet. Did great. Got a lot of dings on the steel. But he went several shots in a row without hitting anything and said, "I need a bigger target"... :LOL::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::hilarious:

Got the girls nice savage bolt out for the first time in a while. Really need to get this thing threaded and get her a scope. Irons are good practice, but definitely not as much fun as glass.
20190128_174143.jpg

Rating - 100%
36   0   0
View attachment 129957 I really need to clean this dang can or its gonna get fused up... :/
View attachment 129958
Little guy got the most practice he's had yet. Did great. Got a lot of dings on the steel. But he went several shots in a row without hitting anything and said, "I need a bigger target"... :LOL::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::hilarious:

Got the girls nice savage bolt out for the first time in a while. Really need to get this thing threaded and get her a scope. Irons are good practice, but definitely not as much fun as glass.
View attachment 129959
Good to see kids exposed to fire arms. Can't wait for my kids to get old enough for the range!

Stupid Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
20   0   0
View attachment 129957 I really need to clean this dang can or its gonna get fused up... :/
View attachment 129958

View attachment 129959
Have to say, that’s very cool... great dad there!!!!