What's new

What do you do when you can't finish your cigar?

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Unless it was a premium or super premium cigar I will just ditch it. I have enough cigars atm that one can be sacrificed once in a while due to outstanding circumstance.

Rating - 100%
596   0   0
after it cools,i clean up the end and put in a tube.

a couple of puffs after relight and i'm cruisin'...

Kurtdesign1

The Thinker
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
At IPCPR there was a booth with a product called the Relighter (I believe). It was a liquid/gel that gets applied to the lit foot of your cigar if & when you ever plan on putting the cigar out with the intention of relighting it later. It basically stops combustion immediately & prevents any ash or burned flavor from permeating the rest of the stick. It also prevents a negative flavor upon relighting.

I wouldn't believe it if I didn't try it myself but we stood there, at these guys booth, and did it on two occasions with 100% success. It tasted just as the initial light up did and continued on flawlessly. A perfect product, however gimmicky & cheap it sounds. I was skeptical but ultimately blown away by how true the product's claims were.

rick12string

Caught in the Crossfire
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Always finish my smoke unless it's a bad one. If I did have to let a good one go it's probably for a good reason so I'd put it down and move on.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
At IPCPR there was a booth with a product called the Relighter (I believe). It was a liquid/gel that gets applied to the lit foot of your cigar if & when you ever plan on putting the cigar out with the intention of relighting it later. It basically stops combustion immediately & prevents any ash or burned flavor from permeating the rest of the stick. It also prevents a negative flavor upon relighting.

I wouldn't believe it if I didn't try it myself but we stood there, at these guys booth, and did it on two occasions with 100% success. It tasted just as the initial light up did and continued on flawlessly. A perfect product, however gimmicky & cheap it sounds. I was skeptical but ultimately blown away by how true the product's claims were.
Sounds too good to be true. Interesting concept. I will watch for this.

rick12string

Caught in the Crossfire
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I agree with Chuck. Sounds too good to be true but interesting. The thing is how long do you intend to leave it before relighting? If you wait too long I think even if you blow the remaining smoke out of the cigar before sealing the foot, the filler tobacco will still take on a stale taste if left too long. IMHO

Kurtdesign1

The Thinker
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
I agree with Chuck. Sounds too good to be true but interesting. The thing is how long do you intend to leave it before relighting? If you wait too long I think even if you blow the remaining smoke out of the cigar before sealing the foot, the filler tobacco will still take on a stale taste if left too long. IMHO
You're actually supposed to draw THROUGH the cigar after this product is applied to the tip. It helps ensure the product is evenly distributed. I don't knwo how long a cigar can be kept like this but I see it as a perfect option for work or overnight.

rick12string

Caught in the Crossfire
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
You're actually supposed to draw THROUGH the cigar after this product is applied to the tip. It helps ensure the product is evenly distributed. I don't knwo how long a cigar can be kept like this but I see it as a perfect option for work or overnight.
Makes sense to draw it in to seal it.
Maybe for a few of hours it might be fine but overnight I still think the filler tobacco would take on a stale taste after having smoke drawn through it and then sit cold for that length of time. I’m not sure, that’s just my thoughts on it.

WARDOGG

Crusher of Hopes & Dreams
Rating - 100%
10   0   2
I usually just toss it. Like some of the others, if it's a premium stick I cut it, blow through it and get back to it as soon as I can. I usually shed a tear or two when If I have to cut it, because not being able to finish is just plain wrong!

Kurtdesign1

The Thinker
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
Makes sense to draw it in to seal it.
Maybe for a few of hours it might be fine but overnight I still think the filler tobacco would take on a stale taste after having smoke drawn through it and then sit cold for that length of time. I’m not sure, that’s just my thoughts on it.
Thats what I thought too but to my surprise, it was perfect overnight...

strife

Watcher of the Sky
Rating - 100%
107   0   1

Sounds like a good idea but I wonder what chemicals are used in it.

Rating - 100%
23   0   0

This product is called Repuff. My friend Gerry (a frequent contributor to Smoke magazine and a LCDH owner) tried the overnight test. He left the unfinished cigar at the Repuff booth and picked it up the next day. Upon re-lighting it he did taste a difference. He didn't like it and threw it away. Maybe his taste buds are too sensitive. I didn't try it myself so I can't personally comment.