What's new

What Do You Do When You Crack The Foot?

What Do You Do With A Cracked Foot Wrapper?

• Light it up anyways...Hope for the best.

Votes: 120 85.7%
  • Try and cut just past the crack.

Votes: 7 5.0%
  • Roll a fattie paper around the wrapper like a bandaid.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Toast the wrapper, then light the foot.

Votes: 11 7.9%
  • Throw the sumbitch in trash and suck up the loss.

Votes: 1 0.7%

• Total voters

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
Cut the cap and use that piece for repair. Moisten the wrapper (from the cut cap) and apply it around the cracked foot with Pectin(El Torcedor). Let sit a few mins and enjoy. Of course if the crack isn't severe I do like CMac stated. Light that bitch up!

oneaday

2007 BoY
Rating - 100%
112   0   0
Most of the cracks I've encountered are due to the stick being dry, so before repairing the crack I run it under the facet to wet the wrapper and then repair the crack as mentioned above with either pectin or T glue. I save the wrappers from plugged/damaged cigars to use on larger cracks. Works like a charm.

Thegreekone

Banned
Rating - 100%
76   0   0
The irony and horror!

Dropped a Montecristo #2 from 2006 today and both ends cracked. Licked, sparked, snipped both side again and DONE!

I will be investing in Credo El Torcedor Cigar Repair Glue immediately. :cryloud:

orangedog

Navin R Johnson
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
If the crack isn't end of the world big, I just light it up. May invest in some pectin based on this thread though.

SuperKrishna

Guyanese Member
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I keep a few conneticut churchills that are really mild in my box that I cannibalize for patches. I wet some of the wrapper, unroll it, cut it off, and use pectin to glue it to the damaged cigar. If I'm going to smoke it and not give it away, I will sometimes use the binder when patching.