What's new

What do you do with your bands?

Coolhand

Resident River Rat
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
I frequently enjoy my cigars right down to the point of burning fingers, so I often slide my bands off before I light up. I actually need to peel more often; sometimes the band's so tight it'll cut the wrapper.:cryloud:

But I took to dropping my bands on a tray my mother decorated for me - she's one of those artsy types - that sits next to the back door of my place.

So she noticed this burgeoning pile of bands and observed how neat some of the artwork on them is. Now I'm under strict orders to preserve them all so she can decorate a tray or something with them. Knowing her, it'll be pretty cool.

So what do you guys do with your bands? Leave 'em, save 'em? Do anything creative with them?

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I've got a bulletin board full of bands that hangs near my computer. I'm saving the rest that don't fit for something or other...I'm not sure what yet.

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Some of them do have nice artwork on them and some are very plain.

I usually put some type of comment (buy again, don't buy again, etc.) on the back and put them in a book. Don't know how many I have now.

MichiganM

The One, The Only
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
I rarely nub a cigar so the band usually never gets removed. If I run into the rare instance that a cigar does not get harsh or bitter near the end then I wait for the area around the band to get warm and I remove the band carefully, then throw it out.

blessednxs65

Is it Nicaraguan
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
I save those of cigars that I want to smoke again in one journal and I place the bands of those I would rather not remember in a small trash can (desktop) given to me by the folks at Wate Management. For those for which the jury is still out, I keep them in my cigar funds box for consideration.

All in all, since I am somewhat anal about facts... I use the software that I downloaded here (it also runs on Windows Mobile and Palm) for keeping the final track of everything.

http://www.vaagan.com/cigarbriefcase/

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
I save those of cigars that I want to smoke again in one journal and I place the bands of those I would rather not remember in a small trash can (desktop) given to me by the folks at Wate Management. For those for which the jury is still out, I keep them in my cigar funds box for consideration.

All in all, since I am somewhat anal about facts... I use the software that I downloaded here (it also runs on Windows Mobile and Palm) for keeping the final track of everything.

http://www.vaagan.com/cigarbriefcase/
Nice program

Guess I'm gonna be busy for a while.

diesel

Banned
Rating - 91.9%
78   5   1
I tape a first timer band to an old record (12') sleeve. I got about 100 bands on this damn record sleeve. I think its cool. No special reason for choosing the sleeve. It was the first available thing to tape bands onto.

jmatkins

BoM January 08
Rating - 99%
159   1   0
I have sent a shipment to Donk, he was doing a big board so if no one wants them when I get a box full I sould throw them out.

Rating - 100%
110   0   0
I only keep one of each different cigar line that I smoke. If one of the lines comes out with a new band and I happen to notice it then I save that as well. I just have them in one of those cheapie photo albums with the somewhat adhesive backing and clear sheet. I have it divided up by company and will also put sub companies under the major brand. Like San Cristobal under Ashton.

My CC labels I keep a band for each one I smoke, or one band out of each box. They go in the same place but on a page of their own.

It's fun to look at some of the wacky stuff I've smoked. Cbid had some weird labeled cigars in the last 6 years. I have a horsepower, diesel, and some other weirdo label. They weren't bad cigars from what I remember but then again it's all relative since I wasn't smoking as much good stuff as I am now.

jwintosh

BoM June 07
Rating - 100%
353   0   0
i have a cool rock/candle ensemble on my dresser that i put them in. when it gets too full, i give them to a friend's wife who makes borders and frames and such.... i sent a bunch to squid a while back,,, puts them on bic lighters!

derek

An OG with low post count
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Mine go into a extremely large martini glass behind my bar. If it is a band I have several of, I throw them out.