What's new

What do you do with your bands?

bballbaby

Nov '08 BoM
Rating - 100%
183   0   0
I keep new ones, throw repeats away. I've got a couple big coffee table books that i put them into to help flatten them out. I've got a few hundred by now that i plan to glue onto a nice piece of stained hardwood and put a frame around it and wha lah...i've got a piece of art to put on the walls.

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
I will be doing a project to apply them to the bottom of glass ashtrays to they can be seen from the top. Later on I might do a collage like Caudio did. His looks awesome.

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
I was keepping a cigar diary, but that got old so now I am pasting them all over this little wood treasure chest craft kit my four year old got me for X-mas. She said it looked like one of Daddy's boxes (humidors). So I stained the wood, and put it together. I looked like the $1 POS it was. So a couple of months ago I started saving my bands from the week and then I paste them all over the outside of the box, I am now almost done. I propably need another 40 or so bands before I can put a durable outside coat on it. Once finished I will post pictures. I wasn't going to completely cover it, but this thread has given me an idea.

If any of you have a few bands you do not have plans for, will you please drop them in the mail? No need to pay more than standard 42 cent postage. If I got enough, I would completely cover the wood. That might be pretty cool. Pm me if you can help out.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Usually threw them away. Now I am starting to save them. I would like to use them for a coffee table in my smoking room.
That sounds cool.

I have been keeping mine in a journal to keep in mind the ones I liked, but as Dave said I can see that getting old. I may try the idea GBPacker66 has now.