What's new

What do you do with your bands?

stroke

Brian
Rating - 100%
71   0   0
I did a search to see if a thread like this existed already and didn't see one. Please let me know if there is. Anyway, I hear some people keep their bands in a shoe box, some keep a journal and tape their bands in it (I did this in Iraq) and others just toss em. What do you do?

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
My dad has a giant glass vase at home that he keeps all his in, I save mine in my wallet and make a deposit whenever I go home. Every once in a while he'll bring home a picture frame and we'll take some of the nicer bands and make a display out of them to hang on the wall.

twenty5

BoM 11/09, 4/10 BoY '10
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
I make little art projects out of them like others here do. Until then I just store them in a wine decanter I have. Speaking of which, LOL, I am accepting all Tatuaje bands that people don't need lol. The next project is huge!

derek

An OG with low post count
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I used to save them, but no longer do. I was putting them in old cigar boxes, but as I need the boxes for storage the bands just went into a plastic bag that I think I have some where. Now I might keep one or two as reminders of what I want to pickup.

Craig Mac

BoM 4/10 7/11 12/14
Rating - 100%
446   0   0
Saving mine, my parents collected wine labels when we were in Germany and put them on a nice 3' by 5' board and framed it. I plan on doing something similar soon. They're normally in a book but I took them all out a month or so ago to photograph them for a contest, there were 300+ at the time.

Volusianator

BoM Nov '07 & Jan '09
Rating - 93.8%
86   4   1
I save all mine, I do a few artsy projects with them. There's lots of things you can do with bands, several guys here have made drink coasters with them, framed artwork, the possibilities are limited only by your imagination.

rick12string

Caught in the Crossfire
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I started saving them in an empty box. I was going to do the journal thing but never got it going. Might try to do something with them in the future.

stroke

Brian
Rating - 100%
71   0   0
I put every band in a journal in Iraq with the exception of a few that my wife wanted for a scrap book. Now I don't do much with them, but I kinda feel like I want to do something and looking for ideas. Some good ones so far!

Bowhnter

Backyard Smoker
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I save all mine, I do a few artsy projects with them. There's lots of things you can do with bands, several guys here have made drink coasters with them, framed artwork, the possibilities are limited only by your imagination.

That light is pretty cool:thumbsup:

I have made a few coasters, but the rest are just sitting in a box waiting for me to put them to use.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I put my in an old cigar box! I am trying to think of something creative to do with them. Hopefully this thread will inspire me.

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
I have plans for later that will probably never come to fruition. Right now, I have a large basket full of bands. I need to do something soon. I keep getting the evil eye from the other half. I'll probably come home one day and they will be gone.