What's new

What do you do with your cigar boxes?

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Wow that is a load if boxes. I have been giving mine away to a handicap lady that uses then to make things with them and sells them at fairs. When I was in WA I used to sell them to a lady that did same kind of things. However she only wanted the wood boxes.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I've seen a couple shops around my town use them as wall art, like a mosaic. Pintrest has some good inspiration is you wanted to get ideas.

I've seen them repurposed as small plant boxes, keepsake boxes, small desk speakers, tool racks.

seriously, go looks on pintrest, you are bound to find somethin there you will want to make with them.

Clint

Clint
Rating - 100%
206   0   1
I was thinking of slathering the wall in my office at home with box lids, and then using different colored stains/dyes to make some sort of "art" lol.

The room in our home that became 'my office' still has one, horrid looking wall that the original owner covered with 1/4" or maybe 1/2" pine in a diagonal design...

Looks barely decent for a cabin or lodge, but not so much in our home.....Nailing box lids would be easy, though, and I wouln't need to do anything else but start covering!

Craig Mac

BoM 4/10 7/11 12/14
Rating - 100%
446   0   0
I give them back to my shop and they sell all their empty boxes for a buck, at the end of the year they donate the money to Operation Homefront

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
I give them to the wife. She and her friends use them for jewelry storage, sewing kits - whatever.
It gets a little of the heat off me for buying them in the first place and once she said that's a really nice box you should buy another (AF Short Story) so I did.
I'm still waiting for that to happen again.....

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I give them to the wife. She and her friends use them for jewelry storage, sewing kits - whatever.
It gets a little of the heat off me for buying them in the first place and once she said that's a really nice box you should buy another (AF Short Story) so I did.
I'm still waiting for that to happen again.....
I do the same. My wife uses them for a kind of a "catch all" for things around the house. A couple of her friends now want some to use as well. Guess I got to keep buying boxes, oh well......

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
oh That was the first version. Here it is alll cleaned up. You can't see but it has gold tuners now too. The Cigar Box Guitar scene is pretty wild. Google it sometime.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Cool how some of you hang them on the wall, make stuff out of them (the guitar), and donate them away. I give mine to a friend's daughter who makes crafts out of them. Just gave her 3 large trash bags full. I hate clutter, and try to live simple, so I never keep mine, but kudos to those who like to keep them around.

Rating - 92.3%
13   1   0
I was saving them til shit got out of hand, I smoke way too much (!!)
Now I just have a few for storage of small shit
And only hang onto the overly sexy ones (dark rituals, daruma, etcetcetc)

sean

BoM June 13
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
Dave West has a cool cigar box speaker... CWS has a cool cigar box lamp... I've been thinking about those for the office.